On the latest For The Record interview, Cory sits down with Newbury Park (CA) High School graduate Colin Sahlman, who's coming off a brilliant 2022 season that saw him record the third-fastest mile in high school history, posting a time of 3:56.24 -- only behind Alan Webb (3:53.43) and Jim Ryun (3:55.3).
But Sahlman wasn't just a miler. He also set a national record at 3,200m in February at the Sundown Track Series #2, clocking a time of 8:33.32, and posted bests of 1:48.84 in the 800m and 3:39.59 in the 1,500m.
For more, listen to the interview above.
"It's like a new chapter in our sport where everyone is getting faster."
- Colin describes his season as a whole [0:30]
- Dealing with the pressure this year [1:30]
- On being in the Bowerman Mile field [2:50]
- On going out fast in the mile and hanging on [4:30]
- On hitting three massive performances in the 1,500m and mile [6:10]
- Colin's thoughts on a trend of athletes breaking 4 in 2022 [10:20]
- Colin on what it takes physically and mentally to break 4 [12:10]
- Colin is done after Brooks PR [13:40]
- On the path Newbury Park has set [15:00]
Photo Credit: USA Today Sports Images