- - -
Throughout Roisin Willis' high school career, she's been an athlete who always stood out from the rest. Since she was a freshman at Stevens Point (WI), she's been hitting all-time marks and setting records.
Now it's her final lap before heading to Stanford in the fall. Willis is ready to debut her indoor season at the VA Showcase in Virginia Beach, Virginia next weekend in the 500m and 1K.
In her interview with MileSplit's Olivia Ekpone, she reflects on this meet from last year and shared what she's looking forward to achieving this time around.
- Her experience competing at the US Olympic Trials as a junior (0:51)
- The future of track and field in the 800m - after being there with Juliette Whittaker and Sophia Gorriaran (1:43)
- A memorable moment from the VA Showcase last season (2:51)
- How did breaking the U20 World Record in the 4x800m give her confidence for the rest of the season (4:13)
- Willis' emotions after the 800m last year (5:08)
- What her goals are for the 500m and the 1K at this year's VA Showcase (7:22)
- Her thoughts on odd distances during the indoor season (8:53)
- Race strategy for the 500m (10:10)
- What are you looking forward to the most between the 500m and the 1K (11:43)
- Willis describes the VA Showcase environment (12:40)
- Her experience with setting all-time marks and breaking records (13:28)