On the latest For The Record, Cory chats with Jesuit (CA) High School senior Ajani Salcido on his big successes this spring and his development over the last four seasons in California.
Salcido has hit personal best times of 1:54.77 in the 800m, 4:07.81 in the 1,600m and 8:51.32 in the 3,200m. In July, he'll run his last high school race at the Brooks PR Invite. This week, Salcido signed with UCLA and solidified this collegiate future with the Bruins.
- Ajani talks his signing to UCLA [0:30]
- On his development over his high school career [1:10]
- Following the history of Jesuit's former successes [2:20]
- Ajani describes what this sport means to him [3:15]
- Influence of former teammates [4:00]
- Where his performances rank this season [5:10]
- On competing at Brooks PR [6:10]
- On learning how to race to win [7:30]
- On looking forward toward his next step in college [8:30]
- On what he's learned about himself this spring [9:15]
- Favorite moments from the season [10:45]