* Performances from Erriyon Knighton, Leo Daschbach and Jenna Hutchins are among the top moments over 2020
Photo Credit: MileSplit & Perry McLeod
- - -
We don't need to remind you just how ridiculous 2020 was.
But at the same time, excellence prevailed.
When we doubted the season, you surprised us. When we thought history couldn't be broken, you electrified us. And when we needed a pick-me-up, you made us dare to dream, again and again and again.
So while there was a lot of adversity to be mindful of, inspiration was everywhere. And if 2020 is going to be remembered for anything, perseverance should take center stage.
Without furder adieu, here are the 10 best moments from the year.
Just missed the cut:
- Athing Mu sets a 500m national indoor record against Kayla Davis at the VA Showcase
- Cameron Rose makes a huge statement win over Justin Robinson in the 300m
- Rheinhardt Harrison becomes the fastest sophomore miler in history with a 4:01
- Newbury Park's boys cross country team scores two magnificient performances in XC
- John Lester and Cruz Culpepper put down a historic duel in the 800m in Arizona
- Cruz Culpepper throws down a 4:00.10 indoors in Washington
- Three girls break 2:04 in the 800m over the indoor season
- Leah Pasqualetti smashes national pole vault record in June