This week's episode highlights some impressive individual races over the weekend that are some of the best rated performances of the entire season. For the deep dive, Travis sat down with Jeff George of MileSplit California to get an updated look at the current state of California cross country leading into Mt. SAC this weekend. See all the topics below including the extended interview that goes into more detail on the teams and individuals to keep an eye on in California this season.
- Waleed Suliman | Aislinn Devlin | Katherine Lee
Deep Dive - Jeff George from MileSplit California
- Why is Mt. SAC so important for California?
- CA teams need to show good performances on a tough course.
- Does a good/bad Mt. SAC performance make or break your season?
- Which teams have a lot to prove at Mt. SAC this weekend?
- Do more elite individuals need to race together to break the course record?
- The event will be streamed live on FloTrack and available to MileSplit Universal Subscribers.
- Sign up/upgrade to MileSplit Universal to watch Mt. SAC and ALL FloTrack live events.
- Click here to login to FloTrack with your MileSplit Universal login to watch Mt. SAC
Who's #1 Topic Links
Teams: Great Oak, Davis, Claremont, Dana Hills, Palos Verde, Serrano, Saugus
Athletes: Waleed Suliman, Aislinn Devlin, Katherine Lee, Phillip Rocha, Austin Tamagno, Cooper Teare, Brooke Starn, Luis Grijalva, Michael Vernau, Chloe Arriaga, Claudia Lane
Meets: Mt. SAC
Extended Interview with Jeff George
00:00 - Shift in California season means less racing at Mt. SAC
02:25 - CA reactions to the move away from Mt. SAC
04:15 - Could the change results in stronger performances from California teams at NXN?
06:30 - Difficulty of teams having to transition from CA courses to NXN conditions.
09:00 - Claremont's Roy Griak trip, conditioning for NXN?
11:00 - Does Griak trip give Claremont a resume booster for NXN wild card selection? Does California deserve more wild card selections?
13:00 - Difficulty of the FL/NXN qualifying process for California teams.
18:30 - Are there solutions for cleaning up the qualifying process?
21:45 - Most exciting things to watch in California this season and strength of underclassmen.