All information courtesy of USATF.
Apply for entry here.
The USATF Junior Nationals are held in Clovis, Calif. from June 24 to 26. The top two finishers in each event who have the world standard and are between the ages of 16 and 19 years old qualify to represent Team USA at the IAAF World Junior Championships, held from July 19 to July 24 in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Qualifying StandardsCriteria for a legal meet for qualifying purposes
Qualifying Window:All events except below-Wednesday, June 24, 2015 to Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT.
10,000/race walks/multi's-Thursday, January 1, 2015 to Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT
Junior Women's Qualifying Standards
|EVENT||QUALIFYING STANDARD||FIELD SIZE||ROUNDS|
|10K Race Walk||59:45.00**||12||1|
|5K Race Walk||28:30.00**|
Junior Men's Qualifying Standards
|event||qualifying standard||field size||rounds|
|10K Race Walk||55:15.00**||12||1|
|5K Race Walk||26:00.00**|
|Shot Put 6kg (int'l jr)||18.25m||16||1|
|Shot Put 12# H.S.||18.89m|
|Shot Put 16#||16.85m|
|Discus 1.75kg (int'l jr)||54.86m||16||1|
|Discus 1.6kg H.S.||58.82m|
|Hammer 6kg (int'l jr)||59.00m||16||1|
|Decathlon||6700 Int'l. Jr.||16|
1. The Sport Committee Chair may adjust the standards, where necessary, no later than forty-five days prior to the competition, based on received entries at that time. Therefore, early submission of an entry close to the standard is advised.
2. The Sport Committee will use the field size number only if there is an insufficient number of athletes entered who have met the qualifying standard for that event. In this case, the committee will go down the list of entered and declared athletes only as deep as is needed to fill the field.
Qualifying Guidelines for Junior Championships:
1. All qualifying performances for running events may be made on an indoor or outdoor track for the outdoor championships. There are no allowances for altitude, nor for indoor facilities of differing size, banking or other configuration.
2. Qualifying marks must be made in accordance with USATF Rule 149 and verifiable in one of the following:
USATF or IAAF sanctioned events which prescribe to or exceed USATF completion rules
Events at college meets which prescribe to or exceed USATF competition rules.
High school meets, but not dual or triangular meets, which prescribe to or exceed NFHS competition rules.
Meets or events which meet a minimum for competitiveness as set by the Chair of the Sport Committee and determined to be valid by the USATF National Office staff member responsible for verification.
3. This is an annual Championship which requires qualification within a specific time period. Qualifying marks, be they from indoor or outdoor competitions, must be attained on or after Wednesday, June 24, 2015 through Sunday, June 12, 2016. Qualifying marks for the 10,000-meters, Race Walk, and Combined Events must be attained on or after Thursday, January 1, 2015 through Sunday, June 12, 2016.
4. * F.A.T. is the only method of timing acceptable for qualifying marks for events listed with an asterisk. Times submitted in hundredths of a second, must be fully automatic times.
5. ** A manual time may be used for qualifying in events with a double asterisk only if no fully automatic qualifying time exists for the individual in that event during the qualifying period. A manual time may not supersede any fully automatic qualifying time for an event.
a. Women - Qualifying manual times, for eligible events, are the F.A.T. qualifying time without the last zero for events 200m and longer; the F.A.T. time minus 0.14 for events 400m - 1 Mile.
b. Men - Qualifying manual times, for eligible events, not already listed, are always the F.A.T. qualifying time without the last zero.
6. Manual times will be converted for seeding purposes using USATF Rule 166.
7. All performances are subject to verification by USATF National Office representative and/or USATF statistician/ marks verifier.
8. Wind aided marks (those that exceed 2.0 meters per second) are not acceptable for qualifying for the National Championship, in the 100m, 200m, 100mH, long jump, and triple jump events. Marks for which there is no wind reading available are also not acceptable for qualifying.
9. For the Junior Championships, for the 5,000m, 10,000m and 3,000m steeplechase events, petitions will be accepted for entry into these events using qualifying times from alternate distances (e.g. Use of a 1,500m qualifying time for a petition to run the 5,000m).
10. Junior men's implement weights: 1.75k Discus, 6.00k Shot, 6.00k Hammer
11. Junior men's hurdle heights: 39"