Indiana State Championships (IN)
June 05, 2015 @ Indiana University - Robert C. Haugh Track & Field Complex in Bloomington, IN
Pole Vault National High School Indoor Record Holder Deakin Volz of Bloomington South set the Indiana State Record at 17-6.
- Meet Page: Girls State Meet - Boys State Meet
- Results: Boys - Girls
- Performance List: Girls - Boys
- Last Year's Results & Coverage: Girls - Boys
- NXN and Foot Locker All-American Ben Veatch of Carmel wins first track state title in the 3200m, nearly tying his personal best in US #15 8:53.77. The time won by 14 seconds!
- Zack Snider is the latest to join the 4:10 club, cruising to a new personal best of 4:10.26 to break the Brebeuf school record in the 1600m
- Pole Vault National leader (17-7) and indoor national high school record holder (17-11.25) Deakin Volz of Bloomington South continues his strong season, snagging a new state record of 17-6. The future may lie with freshman Colton Crum, who took runner-up to Volz in 16-5.
- 2x Foot Locker champion and National High School Record Holder for 5k Anna Rohrer of Mishawaka improves her personal record in the 1600m with a 4:52.09, with some help from runner-up Taylor Nicholson of Avon, who helped push the pace early but faded to 4:54. The sophomore won the state meet last year in her PR of 4:51 but doubling back from the 4x800m relay seemed to take its toll on the young runner, who faded after 1k. Rohrer came back on day two to win the 3200m breaking her own state meet record in 10:11. Sophomore Allie Dalton was brave enough to go out with the 3x national champion, and split 4:59/6:00 then fade back to 11:00.
- US #5 Janae Moffitt of Oak Hill took back the high jump state title in 5-10. The senior won state as a sophomore and was runner-up last year.