NCRunners/SCRunners Elite Tune-Up (NC)
June 06, 2015 @ Marvin Ridge HS Track in Waxhaw, NC
Anna Cockrell set the North Carolina All-Time State Record in the 100m hurdles with a time of 13.21.
Phillip Hall and Elijah Inuwa throw down two huge 800m times to re write the rankings, running U.S. No. 4 and U.S. No. 5!
- The meet featured the Border Clash 800m and Border Clash Mile putting some of the best distance and mid distance runners in both North and South Carolina against each other. In the 800m Philip Hall of South View and Elijah Inuwa of Central Academy of Technology re wrote the national rankings! Hall ran a U.S. No 4 time of 1:50.46, followed closely behind by Inuwa who ran a 1:50.56 for U.S. No. 5! Hall also has the best time in 1600m (4:12.07) and 3200m (8:59.84) this year in North Carolina.
- NCHSAA 3A State Championship Tanis Baldwin of East Henderson took the Border Clash Mile for North Carolina with a time of 4:18.42.
- Multiple-time All-American Anna Cockrell set the North Carolina All-Time State Record in the 100m hurdles with her 13.21 effort. The time is US #3 this year. Gabriele Cunningham of Mallard Creek also broke 14 seconds by a large margin with her 13.78 effort She also won the 200m in US #18 23.71, which is a new PR in the off-event.
- Sydnei Murphy, who will race the adidas Dream 100 next weekend in New York, had a nice tune-up in winning the 100m in 11.68. The time is just off her best of 11.61 and was run into a -0.5 wind.
- Laurie Barton and Malia Ellington both dipped under 2:10 for the first time in the 800m, running US #25 2:08.93 and 2:09.81
- Sara Platek ran a huge 10+ second PR to win the 3200m in 10:32.84 over Foot Locker finalist Kathleen Mansure.