June 06, 2015 @ Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
- Meet Page
- Complete Results- HS Results
- Race Videos & Video Interviews
- Meet Recap
- Gabrielle Jennings Breaks Louisiana State Record
- Last Year's Coverage & Results
Ben Weisel ran a new PR and U.S. No. 22 of 1:51:36 to win the Boys 800m race, only 2 days after racing the 1600m at the Nike Festival of Miles.
- Ben Weisel of Father Ryan High School won the boys 800m in 1:51:36, good for U.S. No. 22. Weisel also ran the Boys 1 Mile Run at the Nike Festival of Miles just 2 days before placing 2nd with a time of 4:11.64. He was both the 1600m (4:19.07) and 3200m (9:30.82) Tennessee State Champion this year. Runner up in the 800 was senior Tanner Simpson from University School of Nashville who ran a 1:52.05.
- In the boys mile Luke Meade of Sullivan East (TN) led the entire race start to finish running a 4:13.76. Ethan Shuley of Highlands (KY) came in second with a time of 4:14.78. Meade is looking to run sub 9:00 at NBNO.
Girls Highlights:Morgan Ilse won the girls mile with a time of 4:51.21, but runner up Gabrielle Jennings set a new Louisiana State Record in the 1600m!
- In the girls mile Gabrielle Jennings of First Baptist Christian (LA) placed second running 4:52.50. Converted to a 1600m its a 4:50.08 which is a Louisiana State Record. Jennings has won 37 Louisiana State Championships, and she's only a junior! Jennings time also ranks 18th nationally. First place was Morgan Ilse from Marist (GA) who ran a U.S. No. 16 time of 4:51.21.
- Caitie Faust a senior from Marist (GA) ran a 2:10.48 in the Invite 800m.