2013 Outdoor Highlights
Levonte Whitfield took the 100 in 10.15 and Kendal Williams took the 200 in 20.63! (Photos by Michael Leary)
Tucker over Frye as both runners clocked 37.54 in the 300H! (Photo by Michael Leary)
- Photo Album by Mike Leary
- Electric Afternoon: Complete Coverage Article on flrunners.com
- National Leading 300H marks: MileSplitGA Article
- Wind, schmind... These guys ran fast! Levonte Whitfield (Jones FL) dashed to a 10:15 clocking in the 100m to best Kendal Williams (Stanton FL), 10.18, with a +3.5 wind. That is some serious speed for mid-March! But it wasn't over then as the two battled in the 200m as well with Kendal Williams getting the best of Levonte Whitfield in that one with times of 20.63 to 20.66 with a +2.5 wind. Watch out for Florida as the weather warms up!
- Ceolomar Ways (Nease FL) rolled in the 400m dash with a US#1 clocking of 47.01, but just behind him was Nick Uruburu (Bartram Trail FL) was just behind him with a US#2 clocking of 47.08.
- Dyarius Tucker (Hillgrove GA) beat in-state rival Allan Frye (Campbell) in the 300m Hurdles with nation-topping marks of 37.54 to 37.54, just .006 apart!
- Valarie Allman (Silver Creek) is on a tear with her 2nd 180+ Discus toss this week, this time exploding for a US#8 All-Time heave of 183-3!!
Green launched himself out to a 52-01 to lead the nation. (Photo by Jeff Adams)
- Jeremiah Green (Hillsborough FL) jumped 52-01' on his first attempt in the triple jump, extending his US lead in the event.
- Trayvon Bromell of Gibbs continued his very very impressive season--this kid needs more press for sure--with a 10.42 (Florida #4) in the prelims that he followed up with a 10.44 in the finals. Yow! Then comes back for more with a 21.07 (Florida #3) in the 200 meters!
- Alexa Efraimson (Camas WA) ran very impressively in the women's 1500m run, winning with a blazing 4:19.54. VERY fast for just a sophomore!
- Some fast 4x400's as Fort Bend Bush girls won the race with a quick 3:48.12 over Lancaster, 3:49.27. Westlake (GA) was 3rd in 3:50.59 and Ford Bend Hightower was 4th in 3:51.38.
- DeSoto (TX) boys rolled to a US#2 clocking of 3:18.28 in the prelims over Lancaster, 3:18.68.
- Cameron Burrell (Fort Bend) won the 100m dash with a very fast 10.25 clocking.
- Marlon Humphrey (AL) won the 300H in a US#1 clocking of 36.05 and ran 13.74 in the 110H for 2nd to Tony Brown (TX), same time.
- Valarie Allman (Silver Creek CO) threw the discus 180-01, the best throw ever from a Coloradan and US#13 All-Time performer. It is also US#1 so far this spring.
Missed from early-March: