The month of April is always strong for the 4x100m relay.
The states that run particularly well in the 4x100m relay are California and Texas. Texas is in the middle of their state qualifying process, which means you have to be fast to advance to the next round. California has some of its best meets including Mt. SAC and Arcadia where the relays tend to be quick.
Over the past five years, Texas and California have seen the top times.
- 2017: Texas top time 45.27 - Mesquite Horn / TX and CA 7 in top 10
- 2016: Texas top time 45.10 DeSoto / TX and CA 7 in top 10
- 2015: California top time 45.57 Oaks Christian High / TX and CA 8 in top 10
- 2014: Georgia top time 45.33 McEachern High School / TX and CA 5 in top 10
- 2013: California top time 45.80 Long Beach Poly / TX and CA 5 in top 10
This weekend in particular during the month of April has always been strong for Texas having area and regional meets.
- 2017: 24 times sub-47 seconds in April
- 2016: 16 times sub-47 seconds in April
- 2015: 11 times sub-47 seconds in April
- 2014: 13 times sub-47 seconds in April
- 2013: Nine times sub-47 seconds in April
Check out the past five years for times in the 4x100m during the month of April.