2012-2013 Indoor Highlights
Saturday Video Recap
Friday Video Recap
- Deajah Stevens (Cardozo) snagged a pair of US#1's in the 200m and 400m with times of 24.38 and 55.19. Emma Gallagher (Garden City) was an impressive 2nd in the 400m with a time of 56.03.
- Michael Cherry (Oscar Smith) also pulled off the double, winning the 200m dash in a US#2 time of 21.83 and the 400m dash with a US#2 48.08 clocking.
- In the boys 4x200m Mount St. Michael (NY) won with a quick US#2 clocking of 1:30.56.
- Brothers Isaac and Jacob Clark (Pleasantville) rocked the 800m run, Isaac winning in a US#1 1:52.48 and Jacob 2nd in a US#2 1:52.55.
- Jazmine Fray (Kellenberg) won the 800m dash with a quick US#1 time of 2:10.96. Emma Keenan (Gwynedd Mercy) finished 2nd with a US#2 time of 2:12.29.
- Lenape Regional (NJ) won the girls 4x800m relay with a US#1 time of 9:24.62.
- Elmont Memorial (NY) won the 4x400m relay over rival Newburgh Free Academy with US#1-2 times of 3:21.12 to 3:21.74. Penn Wood (PA) improved their US#3 time with a 3rd place clocking of 3:22.82.
- Port Richmond (NY) won the girls 4x400m relay with a US#3 time of 3:57.52. Penn Wood (PA) was also under 4 with a time of 3:59.54.
- Medgar Evers (NY) won the girls 4x200m relay with a US#2 clocking of 1:41.75.
- Akayla Anderson (Cardozo) won the 55H with a US#2 time of 8.03. Jordan Martin (McNamara) won the boys 55H with a US#4 time of 7.46.
- Brenessa Thompson (Medgar Evers) won the 55m dash with a US#5 time of 7.15.
- The One Mile Steeplechase was held for only the 2nd time in history, the other time also occurring at the Armory. Ross Wrightman (Chatham) took the victory with a time of 4:38.44 and Christian Alvarado (Fairfield Prep) was 2nd in 4:44.03. In the girls race Keelin Hollowood (Saratoga Springs) won in 5:20.71.
- Eric Holt (Carmel) won the Invitational boys mile to earn a trip to the Millrose games with a US#2 clocking of 4:16.55. Sibby Hanson (Arlington) got the other bid with a 2nd place US#5 clocking of 4:18.85.
- Sarah DiSanza (High Point) won the girls Invitational mile to earn a Millrose trip with a US#5 time of 4:57.97. Gianna Frontera (Newburgh) was 2nd and will also run Millrose with her US#6 clocking of 4:58.32.
- In the boys 2 mile run Pier Berkmans (Bronx Science) won with a time of 9:30.31.
- In the girls 3000m run Maddy Berkson (Classical) won with a quick 9:53.75 over Bella Burda (Arlington), 2nd in 9:57.17.
- Ashley Tasher (Medgar Evers) won the long jump with a US#3 performance of 18-5.75.
King getting over the high bar at LSU. (Photo by Angelle)
- Devin King (Sumner) won the boys vault with a US#1 mark of 16-6.5. Dylan Duvio (John Curtis) finished 2nd with a clearance of 16-00 and Caleb Bertrand (Elton) was 3rd, also over 16-00.
McGorty during his 9:07 3200m run. (Photo by Ed Lull)
- Foot Locker Nationals runner-up Sean McGorty (Chantilly VA) impressed by showing that he is in great shape following the XC season by rolling to a US#1 in the 3200m run with a clocking of 9:07.50.
- Carmen Carlos (McGill-Toolen) ran a nice double, dominating the 1600m run with a US#1 4:52.44 and adding a solid 3200m victory with a time of 10:52.52.
- Caitland Smith (Pelham) won the 400m dash with a time of 57.67.
- Shelley Spires (St. Paul's Episcopal) won the high jump with a US#1 leap of 5-8.25. She added a long jump victory with a mark of 17-10.
- Payton Ballard (Mountain Brook) won the 1600m run with a time of 4:19.98.
Wesley and Ryen Frazier are US#1-2 in the 3200 (Photo by Jeff Sides)
White and Evans went super fast in the 500m dash. (Photo by Jeff Sides)
- Sisters Wesley and Ryen Frazier of Ravenscroft NC put on a nice show in the 3200m run. Wesley won with a US#1 clocking of 10:26.63 and Ryen was 2nd in a US#2 time of 10:34.05.
- Layla White (Cary) won a fast 500m dash over Maya Evans (Fike) with times of 1:15.42 to 1:15.73.
- Kristen Lee (Wakefield) won the pole vault with a leap of 12-6.
- Bakri Abushouk (Cary) won the boys 3200m run with a time of 9:27.75.
- Cameron Burrell won the 60m dash with a meet record and US#1 6.77, breaking Prezel Hardy's 6.80 record.
- Trevor Gilley (Southlake Carroll) won the Mile with a meet record and US#3 time of 4:16.57.
- There were a pair of meet records in the 2 mile runs with Austin Wells winning the boys race with a time of 9:25.57. Rebekah Topham won the girls race with a time of 11:09.10.
- Tim Moses (Palmyra) cleared an impressive 16-2 in the pole vault, good for US#2.
- Braheme Days (Bridgeton) won the shot put with a monster US#1 heave of 67-4.25.
- In the Junior men's 6k race University of Texas frosh Craig Nowak finished 3rd overall with a time of 19:03. Prep Estevan de la Rosa (CA) finished 6th with a time of 19:19. Jacob Thomson (KY) was 12th overall with a time of 19:37.
- In the Junior women's 4k race prep Sophie Chase (VA) finished 14th with a time of 14:42.