groin pain
03/17/2007 6:13:31 PM
User
i pulled my groin muscle last week does anyone knows any treatment for groin muscle? and how long does it take to heal?
i pulled my groin muscle last week does anyone knows any treatment for groin muscle? and how long does it take to heal?
03/22/2007 7:19:03 PM
User
I just pulled mine last week too. It hurts real bad and everytime you try to come back, so does your injury. The trainer at my school said to it could take from a weeks time to a months time. He also said that lifting tiny amounts of weight with the injury (once it feels a little better)will prevent any re-pulling og the groin in the future.
I just pulled mine last week too. It hurts real bad and everytime you try to come back, so does your injury. The trainer at my school said to it could take from a weeks time to a months time. He also said that lifting tiny amounts of weight with the injury (once it feels a little better)will prevent any re-pulling og the groin in the future.
03/22/2007 8:16:54 PM
User
430, weight lifting is only bad when it isnt done properly. The reason you would lift small amounts of weight is becuase it WILL help prevent another strain. The stronger and more conditioned the muscles in the groin are, the less likely they will be strained during exercise. This isnt to say you do this while youre recovering, like he said, he was told to do so after the strain had healed. and of course, stretching, thats pretty obvious.
430, weight lifting is only bad when it isnt done properly. The reason you would lift small amounts of weight is becuase it WILL help prevent another strain. The stronger and more conditioned the muscles in the groin are, the less likely they will be strained during exercise. This isnt to say you do this while youre recovering, like he said, he was told to do so after the strain had healed. and of course, stretching, thats pretty obvious.
03/22/2007 10:16:00 PM
User
hahaha, it always makes me laugh how the430miler plus reps all his posts and neg reps all of the posts that disagree with him, like it will really make a difference. Sorry 430miler, but a -1 wont change the fact that hes right. Light strength training of the muscles is indeed a way to prevent future injuries. No, weight doesnt lead to injuries. People who misuse weight injure themselves.
hahaha, it always makes me laugh how the430miler plus reps all his posts and neg reps all of the posts that disagree with him, like it will really make a difference. Sorry 430miler, but a -1 wont change the fact that hes right. Light strength training of the muscles is indeed a way to prevent future injuries. No, weight doesnt lead to injuries. People who misuse weight injure themselves.
03/22/2007 10:24:06 PM
User
i tried to run last monday after taking a week and half off and it still hurt so i dont know what to do my track season is going by and i cant run its pisses me off......so ice should help? and stretching? i\'m not lifting any weight i\'m not taking any chances
i tried to run last monday after taking a week and half off and it still hurt so i dont know what to do my track season is going by and i cant run its pisses me off......so ice should help? and stretching? i\'m not lifting any weight i\'m not taking any chances
03/22/2007 10:27:29 PM
User
The strength training is for after the injury has fully healed. It isnt a method of recovery, just one of prevention. Yes, ice and stretch. It may feel terrible to not be running in the beginning of your season, but trying to run before you are healed could end up with you being out for a much longer time. Take it easy, and you will be running again soon enough. Have you talked to the trainer at your school?
The strength training is for after the injury has fully healed. It isnt a method of recovery, just one of prevention. Yes, ice and stretch. It may feel terrible to not be running in the beginning of your season, but trying to run before you are healed could end up with you being out for a much longer time. Take it easy, and you will be running again soon enough. Have you talked to the trainer at your school?
03/23/2007 9:20:44 PM
User
yea i played soccer today which was stupid but my groin didnt hurt that bad and my coach dont know what to do lol
yea i played soccer today which was stupid but my groin didnt hurt that bad and my coach dont know what to do lol

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.