Eagle Invitational @ Monteverde
04/07/2004 7:00:31 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I am seeking some confirmation and more information about the Monteverde Eagle Invitational that was held last Saturday.

According to a report in the Leesburg Daily Commercial that was emailed to me, Adam Girling (a senior at Monteverde) ran a 10.37 in the meet. First of all--I assume this was hand-timed, right?

Second of all, not to be a doubter but it says Adam\'s best last year was 11.82 and that his goal going into the year was just to hit 11.0. Girling is from the Bahamas and this is his first year focusing on track (last year he played baseball too). In the same meet on Saturday, Adam won the 200m in a time of 22.91--which is good but really does not even compare to the 10.37. If the time is legit... 10.64 converted from hand--what an incredible improvement.

........... I just want some more info... is this legit?
I am seeking some confirmation and more information about the Monteverde Eagle Invitational that was held last Saturday.

According to a report in the Leesburg Daily Commercial that was emailed to me, Adam Girling (a senior at Monteverde) ran a 10.37 in the meet. First of all--I assume this was hand-timed, right?

Second of all, not to be a doubter but it says Adam\'s best last year was 11.82 and that his goal going into the year was just to hit 11.0. Girling is from the Bahamas and this is his first year focusing on track (last year he played baseball too). In the same meet on Saturday, Adam won the 200m in a time of 22.91--which is good but really does not even compare to the 10.37. If the time is legit... 10.64 converted from hand--what an incredible improvement.

........... I just want some more info... is this legit?
04/07/2004 8:01:30 PM
User
Jason, I read the entire article (what was not covered by the photo) and based on comments made by the coach Adam seems to have improved tremendously.
Jason, I read the entire article (what was not covered by the photo) and based on comments made by the coach Adam seems to have improved tremendously.
04/07/2004 8:10:35 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
statguy would like to reserve judgment on the validity of the mark until he runs under 10.70 FAT. As I\'ve mentioned before, HS timing can be up to .5 off and the wind can be a big factor.
statguy would like to reserve judgment on the validity of the mark until he runs under 10.70 FAT. As I\'ve mentioned before, HS timing can be up to .5 off and the wind can be a big factor.
04/07/2004 10:36:05 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I did confirm that it was hand-timed so 10.64 is still EXCELLENT but not quite as mind blowing as the 10.37 that was reported in the paper (bringing up the point again that hand times should ALWAYS be rounded up to the next tenth). I will try to track down full results from that meet. Hey, Adam, great going you have obviouslly improved tremendously over a year\'s time!
I did confirm that it was hand-timed so 10.64 is still EXCELLENT but not quite as mind blowing as the 10.37 that was reported in the paper (bringing up the point again that hand times should ALWAYS be rounded up to the next tenth). I will try to track down full results from that meet. Hey, Adam, great going you have obviouslly improved tremendously over a year\'s time!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.