Tie Break Formula For Field Events State At-Large Advancers?
05/02/2021 12:58:49 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Can anyone explain to me is there a tiebreaker formula system for the next best 8 performances advancers from the regional results merge for field events? Earlier misses for vertical jumps like pole vault/high jump like if they were going head to head in the same meet or next-best mark in series in throws and horizontal jumps? Or do they just send on everyone who was among the top 8 nest best performances even if that means there will be more than 16 qualifyings into the state meet for the event (due to more than the next 8 best advancing beyond the 8 auto qualifiers who were top 2 finishers).
Can anyone explain to me is there a tiebreaker formula system for the next best 8 performances advancers from the regional results merge for field events? Earlier misses for vertical jumps like pole vault/high jump like if they were going head to head in the same meet or next-best mark in series in throws and horizontal jumps?

Or do they just send on everyone who was among the top 8 nest best performances even if that means there will be more than 16 qualifyings into the state meet for the event (due to more than the next 8 best advancing beyond the 8 auto qualifiers who were top 2 finishers).
05/02/2021 6:11:30 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus The next best 8 that are not 1st or 2nd in their region will advance. If there is a tie for 8th place none of those athletes will advance (resulting in possibly fewer than 16 total advancers). There will not be more than 16.
@milesplitus The next best 8 that are not 1st or 2nd in their region will advance. If there is a tie for 8th place none of those athletes will advance (resulting in possibly fewer than 16 total advancers). There will not be more than 16.
05/03/2021 8:25:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@lfcsumner3 I can assure you that is not the case...I had a high jumper go 1.82M and did not make the cut - Boys 2A. The last three in were 1.82M also. Going to call today for clarification. I am guessing attempts and misses were in the equation.
@lfcsumner3

I can assure you that is not the case...I had a high jumper go 1.82M and did not make the cut - Boys 2A. The last three in were 1.82M also. Going to call today for clarification. I am guessing attempts and misses were in the equation.
05/03/2021 9:03:35 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Coach_Skipper He did not mean that the tie breaker was not counting misses. Misses were factored. He meant if there was a true tie between some of the athletes only 16 max would be allowed
@Coach_Skipper

He did not mean that the tie breaker was not counting misses. Misses were factored. He meant if there was a true tie between some of the athletes only 16 max would be allowed
05/03/2021 9:38:14 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 Yes...Actually read @lfcsumner3 message wrong. Went through results and they are accurate based on misses (unfortunately for my kid)... Good luck to all!!
@raycer131
Yes...Actually read @lfcsumner3 message wrong. Went through results and they are accurate based on misses (unfortunately for my kid)...

Good luck to all!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.