A Heads-up On District Entry Seed Times
03/25/2021 11:38:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
On an earlier discussion thread regarding the new district qualifying standards, I asked whether times run prior to the 2021 season count toward the new qualifying standards. An answer was posted suggesting that prior marks would count. I have since confirmed with Ed Thompson that only marks recorded during the 2021 track season count toward the qualifying standard. In other words, all 4 entries need 2021 marks that meet the standard to get the extra entry. He also added that, unlike previous years, we can enter athletes without any marks recorded this season as part of the relaxation of the minimum meet rule due to the reduced opportunities for interscholastic competition caused by the pandemic. This definitely affects our situation and we will have to adjust accordingly in the little time we have left. I thought other coaches my need this bit of information before it is too late.
On an earlier discussion thread regarding the new district qualifying standards, I asked whether times run prior to the 2021 season count toward the new qualifying standards. An answer was posted suggesting that prior marks would count. I have since confirmed with Ed Thompson that only marks recorded during the 2021 track season count toward the qualifying standard. In other words, all 4 entries need 2021 marks that meet the standard to get the extra entry.

He also added that, unlike previous years, we can enter athletes without any marks recorded this season as part of the relaxation of the minimum meet rule due to the reduced opportunities for interscholastic competition caused by the pandemic. This definitely affects our situation and we will have to adjust accordingly in the little time we have left. I thought other coaches my need this bit of information before it is too late.
03/25/2021 12:58:19 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Coach, For my clarification...3 athletes automatically allowed per event, with or without qualifying standards(see NT)?
Coach, For my clarification...3 athletes automatically allowed per event, with or without qualifying standards(see NT)?
03/25/2021 1:06:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@sampolly153045 Yes, that is my understanding. You can enter 3 athletes in an event even if none has a verified time for that event. To enter a 4th, however, all 4 need a verified time from 2021 that is under the new qualifying standards.
@sampolly153045 Yes, that is my understanding. You can enter 3 athletes in an event even if none has a verified time for that event. To enter a 4th, however, all 4 need a verified time from 2021 that is under the new qualifying standards.
03/25/2021 1:11:56 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@coachboza Did he clarify if times have to be run not only in 2021 but in sanctioned meets? or can they be run at some of the open races as well since some teams have to travel just to get a meet sometimes against their school districts policies
@coachboza
Did he clarify if times have to be run not only in 2021 but in sanctioned meets? or can they be run at some of the open races as well since some teams have to travel just to get a meet sometimes against their school districts policies
03/25/2021 1:21:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 He did not, but I think it's safe to assume that only times run as part of one's school team in an FHSAA event will count. On the TFRSS rankings, our top 3200 runner is not listed even though he ran 9:14 at Satellite in the open meet.
@raycer131 He did not, but I think it's safe to assume that only times run as part of one's school team in an FHSAA event will count. On the TFRSS rankings, our top 3200 runner is not listed even though he ran 9:14 at Satellite in the open meet.
03/26/2021 7:54:45 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachboza I think we need to keep aware also that entries for the first week of districts are due 4Pm on April 8 even though there are meets being conducted through April 10th. I don't think times run on April 9 or April 10 will be able to be used for seeding.
@coachboza

I think we need to keep aware also that entries for the first week of districts are due 4Pm on April 8 even though there are meets being conducted through April 10th. I don't think times run on April 9 or April 10 will be able to be used for seeding.
03/27/2021 5:49:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mbecker This is correct, IF your district meet is the first week (4/12 - 17). Those districts with meets scheduled the following week do not have to submit entries until 4/15.
@mbecker
This is correct, IF your district meet is the first week (4/12 - 17). Those districts with meets scheduled the following week do not have to submit entries until 4/15.
03/27/2021 3:04:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
what about Javelin? not mark, can we put in 4
what about Javelin?
not mark, can we put in 4
03/27/2021 3:06:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
what about Javelin? no mark, can we put in 4
what about Javelin?
no mark, can we put in 4
03/27/2021 8:16:10 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Coachmccrea I believe this has changed. 3/29 they are listing the standard for the javelin.
@Coachmccrea

I believe this has changed. 3/29 they are listing the standard for the javelin.
04/11/2021 4:57:01 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@coachboza curious if you have heard anything regarding if kids get quarantined before districts/regions would they be allowed to advance based on their season performances?
@coachboza curious if you have heard anything regarding if kids get quarantined before districts/regions would they be allowed to advance based on their season performances?
04/12/2021 9:49:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Clark13]@coachboza curious if you have heard anything regarding if kids get quarantined before districts/regions would they be allowed to advance based on their season performances?[/quote] If a kid is quarantined, then that means he/she is isolated (at home, hospital, etc.). Wouldn't that imply he/she would be unable to compete? Advancing to Region dictates the athlete compete at District and qualify based on place. Advancing to State dictates the athlete compete at Region and qualify based on place (or at-large bid). If you can't compete, then you will be unable to advance through the State series.
Clark13 wrote:

If a kid is quarantined, then that means he/she is isolated (at home, hospital, etc.). Wouldn't that imply he/she would be unable to compete?

Advancing to Region dictates the athlete compete at District and qualify based on place. Advancing to State dictates the athlete compete at Region and qualify based on place (or at-large bid). If you can't compete, then you will be unable to advance through the State series.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.