Running Movies
03/20/2020 7:26:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Cory missed "Run, Fat Boy, Run" the Simon Pegg comedy. Premise: a loser runs a marathon to win back his Ex and their son. Fear the spatula!
Cory missed "Run, Fat Boy, Run" the Simon Pegg comedy.
Premise: a loser runs a marathon to win back his Ex and their son.
Fear the spatula!
03/20/2020 10:16:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
With so much down time now, I think i've seen them all...and then some. I stumbled upon these two. A bit obscure but definitely held my attention: "4 Minute Mile" "The Long Run"
With so much down time now, I think i've seen them all...and then some.
I stumbled upon these two. A bit obscure but definitely held my attention:
"4 Minute Mile"
"The Long Run"
03/21/2020 9:18:58 PM
User
I read the book "Unbroken" and I found that the movie was a pale approximation of the book. Running Brave is worth watching. Billy Mills is a US running hero, but doesn't get as much adulation as Prefontaine. Robbie Benson does a good job, and looks good as a runner. Copies of this are very expensive to buy. You have to watch for one on Ebay where somebody doesn't know what they have. Why are there no movies about Jim Ryun? I suppose setting a world record is not nearly as interesting as winning an Olympic medal. But he sure did a lot at a very young age...and on crappy cinder tracks. Forrest Gump isn't just about ultramarathons. Don't forget....he was FAST! That's how he made the football team for Alabama....
I read the book "Unbroken" and I found that the movie was a pale approximation of the book.

Running Brave is worth watching. Billy Mills is a US running hero, but doesn't get as much adulation as Prefontaine. Robbie Benson does a good job, and looks good as a runner. Copies of this are very expensive to buy. You have to watch for one on Ebay where somebody doesn't know what they have.

Why are there no movies about Jim Ryun? I suppose setting a world record is not nearly as interesting as winning an Olympic medal. But he sure did a lot at a very young age...and on crappy cinder tracks.

Forrest Gump isn't just about ultramarathons. Don't forget....he was FAST! That's how he made the football team for Alabama....
04/04/2020 1:13:44 AM
User
[quote=JimDillner]I read the book "Unbroken" and I found that the movie was a pale approximation of the book. Running Brave is worth watching. Billy [url=https://www.mywegmansconnect.one]mywegmansconnect[/url] Mills is a US running hero, but doesn't get as much adulation as Prefontaine. Robbie Benson does a good job, and looks good as a runner. Copies of this are very expensive to buy. You have to watch for one on Ebay where somebody doesn't know what they have. Why are there no movies about Jim Ryun? I suppose setting a world record is not nearly as interesting as winning an Olympic medal. But he sure did a lot at a very young age...and on crappy cinder tracks. Forrest Gump isn't just about ultramarathons. Don't forget....he was FAST! That's how he made the football team for Alabama....[/quote] Great Information...
JimDillner wrote:
I read the book "Unbroken" and I found that the movie was a pale approximation of the book.

Running Brave is worth watching. Billy mywegmansconnect Mills is a US running hero, but doesn't get as much adulation as Prefontaine. Robbie Benson does a good job, and looks good as a runner. Copies of this are very expensive to buy. You have to watch for one on Ebay where somebody doesn't know what they have.

Why are there no movies about Jim Ryun? I suppose setting a world record is not nearly as interesting as winning an Olympic medal. But he sure did a lot at a very young age...and on crappy cinder tracks.

Forrest Gump isn't just about ultramarathons. Don't forget....he was FAST! That's how he made the football team for Alabama....

Great Information...

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.