US Outdoor Rankings
02/11/2020 6:13:35 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
The US Outdoor rankings for HS athletes are inaccurate. For the top 25 200m rankings for HS girls, for example, all of the times come from the same meet in Florida. Surely other meets with FAT/wind legal have been run in other states (and others in FL). When using the drop down menus to look at rankings within a state, there are many other times including from various meets. Times from all meets in all states should be included in the rankings, or don't publish overall US rankings at all.
The US Outdoor rankings for HS athletes are inaccurate. For the top 25 200m rankings for HS girls, for example, all of the times come from the same meet in Florida. Surely other meets with FAT/wind legal have been run in other states (and others in FL).

When using the drop down menus to look at rankings within a state, there are many other times including from various meets. Times from all meets in all states should be included in the rankings, or don't publish overall US rankings at all.
02/11/2020 6:21:18 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Your question might be tied to my question I just asked. Do all states govern their own outdoor season start dates? I'm in AR and our governing body doesnt allow outdoor to start until 2/26. My guess is FL is governed different and maybe their weather has something to do with that and they start early compared to the rest of us still having a winter.
Your question might be tied to my question I just asked. Do all states govern their own outdoor season start dates? I'm in AR and our governing body doesnt allow outdoor to start until 2/26. My guess is FL is governed different and maybe their weather has something to do with that and they start early compared to the rest of us still having a winter.
02/11/2020 11:31:30 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Yeah only a few states have even had outdoor meets. Sun belt only. Don't worry about rankings until late March.
Yeah only a few states have even had outdoor meets. Sun belt only.

Don't worry about rankings until late March.
02/13/2020 1:49:08 PM
User
@Aggietom What would it take to stage a impromptu indoor state meet at the end of February in Houston or college station. Having no classes just qualifying times. 8.00,22.5.50.00 2.00 4.30,9.50
@Aggietom
What would it take to stage a impromptu indoor state meet at the end of February in Houston or college station.
Having no classes just qualifying times.
8.00,22.5.50.00 2.00 4.30,9.50

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.