2012 Cross Country Highlights
Fayetteville-Manlius (NY) celebrates their 7th straight NXN title at Portland Meadows. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
Arcadia (CA) become the first boys repeat champion, having won in 2010 as well. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
Martinez (3rd), Delarosa (2nd) and Wharton (1st) after a hard fought battle in the mud. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
Sarah Baxter won 2nd straight title, Mary Cain closed hard for 2nd and Katie Knight finished 3rd! (Photos by Patty Morgan)
- Girls Wrap: Dominate Runs for Manlius and Baxter by Steve Underwood
- Boys Wrap: Arcadia, Wharton turn Mud City into Upset City! by Steve Underwood
- Video Coverage
- Previews by Steve Underwood
- Girls Championship Race: Sarah Baxter (CA) wins her 2nd straight NXN title with a great effort, pulling away at halfway to cross the line in 19:17. Mary Cain (NY) charged hard for 2nd place with a clocking of 19:21 and Katie Knight (WA) was 3rd with a time of 19:32! Alexa Efraimson (WA) was 4th in 19:34 and Karis Jochen (TX) was 5th in 19:42. Manlius (NY) had a dominate lead at 4k and continued to dominate, winning for the 7th straight time with an impressive spread of 37 seconds!! Jillian Fanning showed up big to finish 21st overall to lead the squad after injury kep her out most of the year. Southlake Carroll (TX) finished 2nd after a great season with 198 points. Carmel (IN) finished 3rd overall with 209 points and an impressive 35 second spread. Aurora was 4th with 212 points and a 48 second spread. Saratoga Springs (NY) was 5th with 218 points.
- Boys Championship Race: Arcadia (CA) came on strong in the last 1k to win the NXN champs for 2012 with 108 points, the first 2-time champs ever! American Fork (UT) was 2nd with 122 points after leading for most of the race by a large margin! North Spokane was 3rd overall in the boys race with 146 points. Lincroft (NJ) was 4th with 167 points, falling short of their bid for 2 straight titles, and Cardinal O'Hara (PA) snagged 5th with 223 points. York (IL) was 6th with 231 points in their 9th straight appearance. Sam Wharton (OH) was the individual champion in 17:06, using a long charge from the 3k to take advantage of the muddy conditions, followed by Arcadia's Estevan Delarosa in 2nd with a time of 17:09! Luis Martinez (NM) finished 3rd with a time of 17:17, Joe Hardy (WA) was 4th in 17:19 and Robert Domanic (TX) was 5th in 17:22.
Ben Saarel (UT) and Marissa Williams (CA) take home Foot Locker West titles. (Photos by Margot Kelly)
- Photo Album by Margot Kelly
- Boys Championship Race Video
- Girls Championship Race Video
- LIVE twitter feed from Calrunners.com
- Girls Championship Race: Marissa Williams (CA) won the girls title with a time of 17:462. Julia Maxwell (CA) was 2nd in 18:15, Makena Morley (MT) was 3rd in 18:17, Paige Gilchrist (MT) was 4th in 18:19, Fiona O'Keefe (CA) was 5th in 18:33, Katie Bianchini (WA) was 6th in 18:35, Madeleine Ankhelyi (CA) was 7th in 18:37, Summer Harper (UT) was 8th in 18:44, Sarah Feeney (UT) was 9th in 18:51 and Kayla Ferron (CA) was 10th in 18:52.
- Boys Championship Race: Ben Saarel (UT) won the Foot Locker West title with a time of 15:28! Troy Fraley (MT) finished 2nd with a time of 15:37, John Lawson (CA) was 3rd with a time of 15:37, Conner Mantz (UT) was 4th with a time of 15:41, Andrew Gardner (WA) was 5th with a time of 15:42, John Dressel (WA) was 6th with a time of 15:42, Kramer Morton (UT) was 7th with a time of 15:47, Zach Perrin (MT) was 8th with a time of 15:47, Patrick Gibson (WA) was 9th with a time of 15:48 and Poli Baltazar (WA) rounded out the top-10 qualifiers with a time of 15:50.