- Arman Hall won the 400m dash with a very fast 45.59 clocking.
- Abraham Hall won the 100m dash with a 10.20 (2.4w) over Tramayne Acy (10.26) and Trae Armstrong (10.26).
- Kendell Williams won the Heptathlon with a Junior Class Record of 5393 points. Her highlights were a 2:32.41 800m and a 20-03.50 Long Jump.
- In the Heptathlon competition Kendell Williams (Kell GA) is in the lead with 3468 points, and could challenge Ryann Krais' Junior record of 5377 points. Williams' highlight was a big 6-00.75 PR in the high jump. Gabby Williams is in 2nd with 3202 points.
- Devon Williams leads the boys decathlon with 3706 points.
NY State Sectionals, NY
Mary Cain putting the finishing touches on her gem of a 1500m
- In Section 1 action Mary Cain (Bronxville NY) torched the 1500m with a US#3 All-Time mark of 4:16.52! The time is only behind Jordan Hasay, 4:14.50, and Christine Babcock, 4:16.42. Cain also set the Sophomore class record and gets her elusive Olympic Trials 'B' standard of 4:17.
- Also, Anima Banks (Mamaroneck NY) won the 800m run with a swift 2:10.24.
- In Section 2 Kyle Plante (Colonie NY) ran 53.38 to win the 400m dash.
- In Section 8 action Garden City (NY) won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:50.4 and Brianna Nerud (North Shore NY) won the 2000m Steeplechase with a time of 6:40.94.
- Grosse Pointe South won the 4x800m relay with a state best and US#4 All-Time mark of 8:48.29! Kelsie Schwartz led things off with a 2:13.0 split, then handed off to frosh Ersula Farrow who split a 2:13.4 before handing off to junior Haley Meier who kept things even with a 2:13.3 split. Junior Hannah Meier then gunned a 2:08.2 split to finish off the record run.
- Craig Engels (Reagan) won the 800m run with a very fast 1:49.89 for US#3 and only the 4th person ever to run sub-1:50 and sub-9:00.
- Ravenscroft ran a solo 11:59.78 for US#14 with a 3:37 lead off leg by Ryen Frazier and a 4:47 anchor by Wesley Frazier.
- Tanner Sork blasted a 1:48.74 to take down the WA 800m record as Marcus Dickson also goes under the record with a time of 1:49.33.
Saturday Final Highlights
- Nikki Hiltz (Aptos) won the girls 1600m run with an impressive time of 4:42.45. Rebecca Mehra (Palos Verdes) was 2nd in 4:47.33.
- Darren Fahy (La Costa Canyon) won the boys 1600m final with a swift 4:08.78. Luis Gutierrez (Rancho Cucamonga) was 2nd in 4:10.94.
- Serra won the girls 4x100m relay with a time of 45.92 and Long Beach Poly came from a gap to finish 2nd in 46.11.
- Notre Dame won the boys 4x100m relay with a time of 41.13 in a cliffhanger with Rio Mesa, also timed in 41.13.
- Claire Kieffer-Wright (Pasadena) won the high jump with a mark of 5-10.
- Alexis Faulknor (Serra) won the girls long jump with a leap of 20-03.
- Klyvens Delunay (Claremont) won the boys triple jump with a monster leap of 51-07 in a close battle over Tim White (Hart) who was 2nd in 51-05. Willie Alexander (Central) was 3rd in 51-02.75.
- Lissette Mendivil (Redwood) won the girls discus throw with a toss of 155-10 by a narrow inch over Madison Jacobs, 155-09.
- Sasha Wallace (Holy Names) blasted a 13.33 in the 100H to win big with a tie for US#16 All-Time.
- Lloyd Sicard (Serra) rolled in the 110H with a winning time of 14.09.
- Renetia James (Serra) clocked an impressive 53.98 in the 400m dash to win big.
- Alex Rohani (Beverly Hills) lived up to the prelim hype to win the final of the 400m dash with a time of 47.34.
- Ariana Washington (Poly) won the 100m dash with a swift time of 11.47.
- The girls pole vault was an epic event! Taylor Jaques won with a leap of 13-04.25 but 5 girls cracked the 13' barrier. McKenzie Johnson was 2nd in 13-00.25.
- Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame) won the boys 100m dash with a time of 10.52.
- Amy Weissenbach (Harvard Westlake) won the 800m run with ease, running a time of 2:05.70. Savannah Camacho (Templeton) was 2nd in 2:09.30.
- Ethan Cochran won the boys discus with a toss of 196-04.
- Alexander Monsivaiz won the boys 800m dash with a time of 1:51.34.
- Daje Pugh (Fairfiled) won the 300H with a US#8 All-Time clocking of 40.57. In a very close 2nd was Jordie Munford (Rancho Cucamonga) in a tie for US#15 in 40.96.
- Jarrett Gonzalez (Damien) won the 300H with a time of 37.30.
- Arianna Washington (Poly) torched the track to win big in the 200m dash with a time of 23.41.
- Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame) won the boys 200m dash with a swift 21.15. Morgan Simon (Loyola) was 2nd in 21.33.
- Sarah Baxter (Simi Valley) dominated the girls 3200m run with a winning time of 10:12.00, 13 seconds up on 2nd place.
- Darren Fahy (La Costa Canyon) pulled off an impressive double as he also won the 3200m run with a time of 9:03.29. Danny Martinez (St. John Bosco) was 2nd in 9:05.74.
- Serra won a close girls 4x400m relay duel with Harvard Westlake 3:46.45 to 3:47.07.
- Rio Mesa won the boys 4x400m relay with a time of 3:16.21.
Friday Prelim Highlights
- Long Beach Poly (CA) was DQed in the 4x400m prelims and makes their team chances even tougher. Serra (CA) was the top qualifier with a time of 3:46.43.
- In the girls 1600m prelims Nikki Hiltz (Aptos) and Cami Chapus (Harvard Westlake) are through to the final with times of 4:55.09 and 4:56.03.
- The boys 1600m final should be a barn-burner as Luis Gutierrez (Rancho Cucamonga) blazed a 4:10.57 and Blake Haney (Stockdale) clocked a 4:12.03. Darren Fahy (La Costa Canyon) is safely through, winning his heat in 4:14.07.
- Whoa! It took 2:11.83 to make the girls 800m final with Kody Atkins (Chico) leading in 2:08.54. Amy Weissenbach (Harvard Westlake) cruised to win her heat in 2:09.87. Savannah Camacho (Templeton) also got through with a time of 2:09.90.
- 1:52.88 was the boys cut-off as Kevin Gonzalez (Vista Murietta) was the fastest in 1:51.90.
- In the boys 4x400m relay prelims Serra was the fastest qualifier with a swift 3:14.60.
- Jasmine Gibbs (El Camino) was the fastest girls 100m dash qualifier with a time of 11.43.
- In the boys 100m dash prelims Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame) was the fastest through with a time of 10.44. Muhammad also leads the 200m dash qualifying in 21.16 and 21.67 was the final qualifying time for the final.
- Renetia James (Serra) was the fastest girls 400m dash qualifier with a time of 54.26.
- Alex Rohani (Beverly Hills) was the fastest boys 400m dash qualifier with a time of 47.53. It took 48.38 to qualify for the final.
- The girls 200m dash prelims were a barn-burner! Alexis Faulknor (Serra) led qualifying with a blazing 23.57 and Arianna Washington (Poly) easily won her heat with a 23.79 clocking. In all 5 girls broke 24 and it took a 24.43 to make the final!
- Serra led girls 4x100m relay qualifying with a time of 46.01 and Long Beach Poly easily won their heat in 46.56.
- Rio Mesa is the fastest boys 4x100m qualifier with a clocking of 41.14.
- Sasha Wallace (Holy Names) and Traci Hicks (Poly) were the fastest 100H qualifiers with times of 13.40 and 13.75.
- Daje Pugh (Fairfield) was the fastest 300H qualifier with a time of 41.73.
- In boys 110H action Kenneth Walker (Richmond) was the fastest through with a swift 13.81. No one else under 14.00.
- Jarrett Gonzalez (Damien) led all 300H runners with a time of 37.44 and all qualifiers were under 38.00.
North Kingstown defeated second-place Chariho Regiional, 53-50, to win the boys’ state title. La Salle Academy won its third straight girls’ crown with an 82-70 win over runner-up Hope High.
With a blistering kick the final 400 meters, Classical High sophomore Maddy Berkson defeated pre-race favorite Molly Keating of La Salle in the 1,500-meter run with a state record of 4:27.92 (US #8). Keating was second at 4:30.01 (US #12). The two battled again in the 800 with Keating earning the title in 2:11.15. Berkson was the runner-up at 2:13.59.
North Kingstown junior Alisha McAdams dipped under 10 minutes for the first time to win the 3,000 at 9:59.71.
La Salle senior Dakota Dailey-Harris set another state mark by copping the high jump with a personal-best effort of 5-10 (tied for US #4).
Hope freshman Quashira McIntosh was a double-winner, taking the 100 (12.33) and the 200 (25.25).
Chariho Regional junior Bryce Kelley took the 1,500 (4:02.54) and the 800 (1:55.94).
With nationally-ranked distance star Mike Marsella unable to compete due to an injury, Chariho still managed to earn the title in the 4x800 relay with a strong time of 7:58.71.
Central Falls senior Steven Vasquez won his third straight outdoor high jump title by clearing 6-8.
Classical senior Joe Velez, ranked No. 2 nationally, copped the hammer throw with a 219-11 effort.
- Preview articles by Jim Findlay
- Race Video Coverage by FloTrack (133 videos!)
- Photo Album by MStony | Photo Album by Heather Dugan
- Tsehaye Hiluf (Reynoldsburg) won the boys 3200m run with a State Record time of 8:55.04. Sam Wharton was 2nd in 9:01.24.
- Lancaster boys won the 4x800m relay with a quick 7:44.88.
- Sydney Leiher (Beavercreek) won the girls 1600m run with a quick 4:49.61.
- Brannon Kidder (Lancaster) had a nice individual double, getting the 1600m run in 4:14.03 and the 800m run with a fast 1:51.09.
- Therese Haiss (Solon) won the girls 800m run with a quick 2:08.05.
- Destinee Gause (Reynoldsburg) scored double gold with a win in the 100m dash in 11.95 and a win in the 200m dash with a clocking of 23.91.
- Donovan Robertson won the 110H with a time of 13.66 and then won the 300H with a State Record clocking of 35.96.
- Reynoldsburg girls lit up the track in the 4x100m relay, winning with a State Record clocking of 45.99.
- Jacob Blankenship (Gahanna Lincoln) won the boys pole vault with a height of 17-02 to break his own State Record.
NJSIAA State Group Championships, NJ
- Group 1, 4, NP A Champs
- Group 2, 3, NP B Champs
Group 2,3,NPB Day One Highlights
- Ajee Wilson (Neptune) won the G3 1600m run with an easy 4:54.63 clocking. She also won the 400m dash with a quick 54.88. On Saturday Ajee also added the 800m run with a 2:10.72 clocking and Neptune won the 4x400 relay in 3:51.44.
- Braheme Days won the G2 shot with a put of 64-00.
- Travis Ellis (Morris Hills) won the G2 1600m with a time of 4:16.54.
- Tom Cook (Kingsway) won the G3 1600m run with a quick 4:11.96. Chris Marco (Toms River South) was 2nd in 4:12.80 and Blake Udland (Millburn) was 3rd in 4:12.92.
- Katie Johnston (Haddonfield) won the G2 Javelin with a US#6 toss of 152-09.
- Futsum Zeinasellassie (North Central) won the 3200m run with a quick 8:51.15 clocking.
- Jason Crist (Franklin Central) won a loaded 1600m run with a time of 4:09.12. Troy Reeder (Hamilton South) was 2nd in 4:09.60 and Mitchell Hubner (LaPorte) was 3rd in 4:09.80.
- Skyler Carpenter (Westview) had a nice triple win, taking the 100H in 14.13, the 300H in 42.20, and the Long Jump with a leap of 18-10.50.
- Ashley Erba (Warsaw) won the 3200m run with a time of 10:24.94.
- Brionna Thomas (FW Wayne) won the 100m dash with a time of 11.91 and the 200m dash with a clocking of 24.18.
- Cassie Wertman (Southridge) won the shot with a put of 50-01.25.
- Pike won the 4x100m relay with a time of 46.75 and clinched the team title with 55 points.
Last weekend Amy Weissenbach (Harvard-Westlake) rolled to a 2:05.55 clocking in the 800m run.