2012 Indoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
NJ Varsity Classic, NY
- Christian Brothers Academy (NJ) smoked the Armory track to a US#1 10:08.8 clocking in the boys DMR for a new US#1. Piscataway (NJ) was 2nd in 10:15.3 for US#2 and Arlington (NY) was 3rd in 10:19.4 for US#4. A very impressive clocking for the squad from CBA as they ran a 7:41 4x800 on Saturday at the Armory.
- Lenape (NJ) girls won the DMR with a quick 11:55.9 for US#5.
- Suffern (NY) won a thrilling 4x800 over West Chester Henderson (PA) with times of 9:29.1 to 9:29.4. Lenape (NJ) was third with a time of 9:32.9.
- Mackenzie Barry (Mendham) won the girls 3200 meter run with a time of 10:45.8.
- Jen Edobi (Union) won the 400 meter dash with a quick 56.5 clocking.
- Cayla DelPiano (South Brunswick) won the girls 800 meter run with a time of 2:13.7.
- Reese Watson (Spring TX) continues to improve toward his ultimate goal of a national record, this time clearing 17-7 to move into position as US#2 All-Time outright. Daven Murphree finished 2nd overall with a solid jump of 16-6 and Dylan Bell was 3rd with a clearance of 15-6.
- Jessie Johnson won the elite girls flight with a clearance of 12-6. Haley Cook was 2nd with a mark of 12-00.
Mary Cain set a Soph and NY record in the 1000m on Friday while George Kelly powered CBA to a NJ record in the 4x800 on Saturday.
- Strymar Livingston (NY) blasted a National Record 1:17.58 in the 600 meter dash lower his own mark of 1:17.64, leading from the gun and powering away over the last 150 meters from the rest of the field! Livingston's 400 split was clocked at 48.88!
- Christian Brothers Academy (NJ) ran solo most of the way to shatter the NJ state record with a winning time of 7:41.52. The time is also US#2 All-Time, a meet record and US#1. The old NJ state record was 7:43.91.
- Suitland (MD) won the boys 4x200 relay with a quick time of 1:28.21, improving their US#1 ranking.
- Medgar Evers (NY) won the girls 4x200 relay with a time of 1:40.27.
- North Shore (NY) smoked the Armory track in the girls 4x800 with a winning US#1 time of 9:04.99. Splits were Caldwell 2:19.9, Nadel 2:10.5, Donohue 2:25, and Nerud 2:09.2.
- Kadecia Baird (Medgar Evers (NY) won the girls 300 meter dash with a US#1 clocking of 37.95, good for US#7 All-Time! Kendall Baisden (MI) was 2nd with a US#2 time of 38.16 for US#9 All-Time!
- Ben Malone (Pasack Valley NJ) won the boys 1000 meter run after the top two finishers were DQed. Malone ran a very fast 2:23.56 for US#1 and US#2 All-Time with only Robby Andrews ahead of him on the National list. The time is also a new Junior Class Record. Ned Willig (PA) and Zavon Watkins (NY) finished ahead of Malone in the race but were then disqualified for cutting in to lane one too early at the beginning of the race.
- In the girls 1000 meter race Mary Cain (Bronxville NY) impressed just as much, winning with a US#1 time of 2:47.29 which is also US#6 All-Time. The time is also a Sophomore Class Record and a New York State Record.
- In the girls 4x400 relay Wakefield (NC) blasted a 3:45.64 to keep taking time off their current US#1 ranking. Garden City (NY) nipped Swenson (PA) for 2nd with times of 3:50.03 to 3:51.07.
- Boys and Girls (NY) dominated the boys 4x400 relay with a US#1 time of 3:15.12 and a place as US#6 All-Time. Penn Wood (PA) took 2nd, running an impressive 3:17.06. The squad also got the New York State Record with their winning time.
Pierce and Engels on their way to convincing victories in the girls and boys miles. (Photos by Peter Rufo)
- Complete Coverage Article
- Beyond the Races (Including video!)
- Photos by Peter Rufo
- Photos by Mike Laver
- Photos by NewtonSports
- Video Coverage
- Grand Prix Preview Article
- Live Twitter Updates and Full Coverage
- Haley Pierce (Tatnall DE) won the girls Junior mile with a time of 4:48.59. Cayla Hatton was 2nd with a time of 4:51.37 and Wesley Frazier (NC) was 3rd in 4:52.18.
- Craig Engels won the boys Junior mile with a time of 4:13.70 with a large group bunched behind him. Joel Hubbard got in for 2nd with a time of 4:14.35. Thomas Graham (NC) was 3rd with a time of 4:14.75.
- Ajee Wilson (Neptune NJ) finished 6th in the elite women's 800 meter run with a time of 2:07.37
- Kellenberg (NY) won the boys 4x800 relay with a time of 7:55.67. Pembroke (MA) finished 2nd, just back with a time of 7:55.86.
- St. Johns Villa (NY) won the girls 4x400 relay with a time of 3:57.88.
- St. Benedicts Prep (NJ) stole the show with a pair of impressive relay wins in the SMR and DMR. In the DMR the squad ran a time of 10:25.09 for the win with a blazing 4:07.1 anchor split from Edward Cheserek to erase a 13 second deficit that he faced when he got the baton. In the SMR the squad again came out on top with a US#1 clocking of 2:29.44 with Cheserek anchoring with an impressive 1:51.63 split.
- Trenton Central (NJ) smoked a 1:30.08 for the 4x200 meter relay, a very quick time for a flat track.
- Jermaine Collier (Trenton Central) won the 55 Hurdles with a US#4 time of 7.33.
- Braheme Days (Bridgeton NJ) won the boys shot put with a big PR and US#1 toss of 66-6.5!
- Darrell Bush (Woodbury NJ) dipped under 50 to win the 400 dash in 49.81.
- Carmen Carlos (McGill-Toolen) won the girls 3200 with a new US#1 and state indoor record time of 10:34.02.