Verzbicas Wins Dream Mile - 3:59.71!!!
Cami Chapus wins the girls Dream Mile in 4:42.71
Marvin Bracy and Octavious Freeman won the Dream 100's
(Photos by Don Rich)
On Site Coverage
- Dream Mile:
- Dream 100: Marvin Bracy | Octavious Freeman | Jaylon Hicks | Remontay McClain | Levonte Whitfield
- Lukas Verzbicas (IL) won the boys dream mile in 3:59.71 followed by Austin Mudd (IN) in 4:01.83 and Elias Gedyon (CA) in 4:02.08. The race went out fast from the gun with pacemaker Connor Manley in 1st place at the 400 in 57.68. Jantzen Oshier was in first at the 800 (2:01.97) and the 1200 (3:01.38), gamely blocking the wind to make a sub-4 clocking possible. Oshier finished 5th in 4:06.51.
- Marvin Bracy (FL) won the boys Dream 100 in 10.47 in a tight battle over Sean McLean, 10.48. The boys ran into a -3.0 wind, keeping a fast time from being possible.
- Octavious Freeman (FL) battled the conditions to win with a time of 11.78 over Myasia Jacobs, 11.90. The girls battled a -2.3 wind, a factor in the slower times.
- Cami Chapus, Harvard Westlake, CA won the girls dream mile in 4:42.71 off of a 2:24 opening pace. Eleanor Fulton, CO, finished 2nd in 4:42.90, finishing with a strong kick over the last 200 meters. Ali Billmeyer, Torrey Pines, CA in 3rd at 4:43.18. Less than a second separated the top 5!
The 51st Annual Golde West Invitational kicks off Saturday!
On Site Coverage
- Cain runs US frosh 1500 record - Chris Hunt article
- Cuffe breaks NYS 3k record - Chris Hunt article
- Yamoah breaks PV record again - Chris Hunt article
Record-setters! (Photos by Tim Fulton)
- Aisling Cuffe, Cornwall NY, won the 3000 meter run with a US#9 all-time clocking of 9:16.32.
- Jordan Yamoah, Arlington NY, reclaimed the pole vault record, winning with a leap of 16-7.
- Tim Luthin, Warwick Valley, won the 3200 federation title in 8:58.92 to edge past Chad Noelle, Greene, 8:59.03.
- Mary Cain, Bronxville, NY won the 1500 meter run in 4:17.64, a freshman US record and US#7 All-Time! She was followed by Aisling Cuffe in 4:19. for 2nd. Courtney Chapman, Fayetteville-Manlius, NY took 3rd in 4:23.01 and Kelsey Margey, Harborfields NY, finished in a very tight 4th in 4:23. Unofficial results.
The 66th New England Interscholastic Track and Field Championships heads north to Burlington Vermont, and the state’s biggest city will be a buzz of excitement as New England’s finest take to the track & field looking to earn a spot on the podium.
Nadia Eke jumps 41-9.5 for a US#2 (Eke is currently ranked US#2 for her 41-9.0 jump)
On Site Coverage
- Boys Preview
- Girls Preview
- Performance List
- Winners Table
- Live Twitter Updates
- Race Videos
- Girls Shot Put Video
- Bishop Buertin won the girls 4x800 meter relay in 9:16.67
- Wachusett won the boys 4x800 meter relay in 7:45
- Precious Holmes, (Hillhouse, CT) won the 100m in 12.34 and the 400m in 55.24.
- Nadia Eke (Holy Name, MA) won the long jump at 18'1.75" and set a new meet record in the triple jump of 41'9.5". Her triple jump mark is currently US#2.
- D'Mahl McFadden (Merrimack Valley, NH) won the 110m hurdles in 14.37 and the 300m hurdles in 38.75.
- Amanze Williams (Naugatuck, CT) won the long jump at 23'00" and the triple jump at 46'00". Williams unleashed his best jump of the day on his last attempt to secure the win and bump Innocent Jacob (Chariho, RI) to second place (22'9.25").
- John Walsuk (Newtown, CT) won the shot put in 57'11" and the discus at 179'10".
- Abbey Leonardi (Kennebunk, ME) set a new meet record in the 2 mile. She ran 10:19.09 essentially alone after 400m into the race.
- Jen Esposito (Mansfield, MA) set a new meet record of 42.82 in the 300m hurdles.
Distance Gala, IL
- Joe McAsey, IL, won the 800 meter run in a tight race finishing in 1:50.80. Daniel Mazar, MO, finished in a very close 2nd in 1:50.87.
- Brannon Kidder, OH, won the boys mile in 4:06.73 followed by Connor Winter, CO, who finished in 4:07.02.
- Futsum Zeinasellassie, IN, won the boys 2 mile with a time of 9:00.34. Connor Martin, also from Indiana finished 2nd in 9:04.29.