(Photo by Tim O'Dowd)
Day 2 Highlights
- Cardinal O'Hara won their 2nd straight AAA 4x400 title with a time of 3:17.61.
- Abington girls won the AA 4x400 with a time of 3:46.20.
- Leah Nugent, Abington, pulled out a big win in the 300 hurdles with a PA#1 All-Time clocking of 41.10.
- Eric Futch, Penn Wood, blasted a PA#1 All-Time 36.43 in the boys 300 hurdles.
- Drew Magaha, Upper Moreland, blasted a 58 second last lap to win the AAA 1600 title in a state meet record time of 4:07.32!
- West Chester Henderson, PA, won the girls AAA 4x800 with a US#1 and PA All-Time clocking of 8:55.43! Splits were 2:15.6, 2:12.8, 2:13.9, 2:12.9.
- Central Bucks West, PA, won the boys AAA 4x800 with a come from behind victory in 7:41.51. Abington, PA, was just behind with a time of 7:41.57.
- Tori Gerlach, Pennridge, won the girls AAA 3200 with a time of 10:36.00.
Day 1 Highlights
- Boys AAA Discus: Kyle Long, Hempfield (2) PIAA AAA Meet Record 202-10
- Boys AA Triple Jump: Jarred Gambrell (Athens Area) 50-1.75 (PIAA AA Meet Record)!
- Boys AA Javelin: Rob Robbins (Northeast Bradford) 221-6 (PIAA Meet Record!)
- Octavious Freeman (Lake Wales, FL) defeats Shayla Sanders to take both the 100 and 200. Her 11.21 and 22.96 in those events are both new national #1 times. The 200 time is a new personal best and is the #2 All-Time in Florida.
- The much-anticipated Marvin Bracy-Aaron Ernest showdown did not happen due Bracy's injured shoulder (darn you spring football!), but that didn't stop the fireworks. His cousin Lavonte Whitfield (Jones HS, Orlando, FL) stepped up to the challenge and beat out the favorite 10.31 to 10.34. Ernest did get his gold though by taking the 200 in 20.89--US #3.
CIF-SS Masters Meet, CA
- Jonathan Cabral, Aguora CA, won the 110 Hurdles in 13.54 and the 300 Hurdles in 37.17.
- Katherine Delaney, JSerra, won the girls 1600 meter run with a US#3 time of 4:42.95. Camille Chapus, Harvard Westlake, finished 2nd in 4:46.54 for a US#5.
- Melia Cox, Long Beach Poly, won the girls 100 meter hurdles in 13.34 for a US#1 time, and the 300 meter hurdles in US #4 41.32. Cox hold the US#1 spot at 40.94. Jordi Munford, Rancho Cucamonga, finished 2nd in the 100 hurdles for a US#10 41.91. Munford also finished 2nd in the 300 hurdles in 13.83 putting her at US#14.
- Anawkaw Ndipagbor, Long Beach Poly, won the 200 dash in 23.76 for a US# 6. Ndipagbor's fastest time of 23.62 puts her at US#5.
- Ndipagbor also won the 400 meter dash in 53.51 for a US#2.
- Amy Weissenbach, Harvard Westlake, ran an impressive 2:06.18 in the 800 meter run for a US#2. Savannah Camacho, Templeton, finished 2nd with a US#5 time of 2:07.69. Dynasty Gammage, Long Beach Poly, finished 3rd in 2:09.38, less than a second off her best time of 2:08.72.
- Freshman, Sarah Baxter, Simi Valley, won the 3200 meter run in 10:24.35. Baxter holds the US#3 spot at 10:14.11.
- Long Beach Poly girls bettered their 4x100 meter relay time with a US#1 45.04. They also moved into US#2 in the 4x400 meter relay with a 3:41.75.
- Harvard Westlake girls, finished 2nd in the 4x400 meter relay with a US#5 time of 3:44.05. Serra (Junipero) finished a very close 3rd in 3:44.29 and Oaks Christian took 4th for a US#11 time of 3:45.93. (Serra alreay has a US#3 time of 3:42.58.)
- Jantzen Oshier, Trabuco Hills, and Elias Gedyon, Loyola, were neck and neck crossing the finish line with Oshier edging Gedyon by .01. Oshier finished in 4:09.06 with Gedyon at 4:09.07.
- Gedyon came back to wint the 3200 meter run in another close race finishing in 8:57.73 for a US#12. Heyden Wooff, Camarillo, finished a very close 2nd in 8:57.77. Lane Werley, M.L. King, took 3rd in 8:59.14.
- US#1 Remontay McClain, Covina, ran a US#4 time of 20.87 in the 200 meter dash.
- Beejay Lee, West Covina, finished 2nd in the 200 meter run with a time of 20.96 for a US#7.
- Trinity Wilson, St. Mary's College, won the 100 meter hurldes with a US#2 time of 13.38.
- Carrie Verdon, Campolindo, ran a 4:51.80 to win the 1600 meter run and a 10:41.50 to win the 3200 meter run.
- Ciarra Brewer, James Logan, jumped 43-3.25w for a US#1 triple jump. Brewer also jumped 19-7.25 to land in US#13 in the long jump.
- Cimran Virdi, Las Lomas, won the pole vault with a US#9 jump of 12-9.
- In the 800 meter run, Cole Williams, Urban of San Francico, ran a 1:53.13 in the prelims followed by a 1:52.56 in the finals.
Sectional and County Championships, NY
- Mel Mosley, Middletown, blasted a 46.88 to win the 400 and improve his time by a full second
- Middletown won the boys 4x400 with a US#9 time of 3:14.86 with Mosley anchoring in 47.8.
- Zavon Watkins, Liverpool, ran a solid double with a clocking of 1:52.48 in the 800 and a 4:14.58 in the 160.
Nassau County Champs
- Brianna Nerud, North Shore, blasted a 6:40.7 for the 2k steeplechase for a US#1 time.
- Ryan Brennan, Monroe-Woodbury, won the 400 dash in 47.75 and the 800 run in 1:51.61.
Daniel Everett wins the 1600 meter run and then turns to watch his brother David cross the finish line in 2nd place.
On Site Coverage
- Interview with Daniel and David Everett
- Article on Mariah Sanders and her Journey from Joplin
- On today, their 18th birthday, Daniel and David Everett finished 1-2 in the 1600 meter run. Daniel finished in a US#6 4:08.43 to qualify for the Adidas Grand Prix and David finished in 4:12.85. Interview
- Samantha Levin of Ladue set a new state record in the 800 with a 2:08.55 in the prelims for a US#6. Interview
- Foot Locker finalist Colleen Quigley won her first state title in the 3200 meter run with a US#11 time of 10:27.62. Interview
KYtrackXC.com is Live On-Site for all the action at the Kentucky State Track Meet.
On-site Coverage (follow the links below for all photos and race videos)
- Central Mass coverage
- Division 1 coverage
- Division 2 coverage
- Division 3 coverage
Division 4 coverage
- Andrea Keklak, Lincoln-Sudbury, won the 800 with a meet record time of 2:08.78
- Moira Cronin, Andover, won the high jump with a leap of 5-10.
- Gabe Hull (Sr., Bloomington South) won the boys discus with a US#2 throw of 203-00 and the shot put in 61-03.
Ohio Regional Championships, OH
- Medina won the girls 4x800 meter relay in 9:13.87 for a US#14
- Donovan Robertson (Jr., Berea) won the boys 110 hurdles in 13.90
- Taylor Burke (Sr., Medina) jumped 5-10 in the high jump for a US#3
- Kaila Barber (Sr., Middleburg) won the 300 meter hurdles with a US#2 time of 41.01. Barber also won the long jump in 19-8.75 for a US#11.
- Jacob Blankenship (Jr., Gahanna Lincoln) won the boys pole vault in 16-0 tying the Region 3 record.
- Luke Norris (Sr., Lebanon) won the boys 300 meter hurdles in 37.15 for a US#13
- Michael Bennett (Sr., Centerville) threw the discus 193-03 for a US#9
- Josh Bass (Sr., Springfield) jumped 24-05.25w in the long jump for a US#16.
- Matthias Tayala (Sr., McDonald) won the discus throw with a rew region 9 record of 197-00 and a US#5
On Site Coverage
- Marleen's Gallery Photos Day 1 | Photos Day 2 | Photos Day 3
- Day 1 highlights
- Day 2 highlights
- Day 3 highlights
- Live Results
- Olivia Ekpone set a state meet record in the 400m dash with a US#1 time of 53.15.