Indoor Rankings: Boys | Girls
Latest Updates - Hehir, CBA get US#1's at NJ Classic | Aisling Cuffe interview from USATF XC
Happenings from last week - All Millrose videos here, including Mile winners Chad Noelle and Samantha Nadel
NJ Varsity Classic (NJ)
- Highlights Story by Chris Hunt
- Christian Brothers Academy (NJ) ran an impressive 10:11.00 for US#1 in the DMR, winning by 14 seconds.
- Martin Hehir (NY) ran away from everyone in the 3200 meter run to finish with a US#1 time of 9:12.0.
- North Shore (NY) girls won the DMR with a US#3 clocking of 11:52.1.
TSTCA Indoor Meet #6 (PA)
- Ryan Gil (North Allegheny) raced to a brisk 8:36.60 in the 3000 meter run for a US#1 time in the event.
- Wade Endress (Altoona) won the 800 with a time of 1:55.56, keeping him at US#8.
New Balance Collegiate Invitational (NY)
Farquaharson during her US#8 All-Time 300. (Photo by Mary DiBiase Blaich/ ArmoryTrack.com)
- Live Webcast
- Photos: Album 1 | Album 2
- Video Interviews: Strymar Livingston - 600m | Abington 4x8 | Medgar Evers - 4x2 | Amina Banks - 600m
- Friday HS Story by Chris Hunt
- Saturday HS Story by Chris Hunt
Day Two Highlights
- Medgar Evers came back from yesterdays 4x400 to win the 4x200 with a time of 1:37.73 to set the NY State record and run the 3rd fastest time in US history.
- Strymar Livingston (NY) broke open the boys 600 meter dash early and ran a 1:18.01 for US#2 All-Time indoors!
- Najee Glass (NJ) won the boys 500 meter dash with a time of 1:03.33.
- Amina Banks (NY) won the girls 600 meter dash with a US#1 time of 1:32.54.
- The boys 4x800 didn't disappoint either with Abington (PA) winning in a US#1 time of 7:45.93. Shaker (NY) was 2nd with a US#2 time of 7:46.87. Abington's splits were Tevin Smith 1:58, Macey Watson 1:55, Will Taylor 1:58, and Kyle Moran 1:52.8 and their time was a PA state record. (The record had been 7:47.48 by North Penn, set at the National Scholastic Indoor Championships, 3/14-16/08 at New York Armory, NYC)
- Blazing girls 4x8's led by Shen! Shenendehowa (NY, photo below) won the race with a quick 9:10.91 for the US lead. St. Anthony's was 2nd in 9:13.72 for US#2 behind Alicia Williams 2:09 anchor. Red Bank Catholic (NJ) was third in a US#3 time of 9:16.99 behind Molly McNamara's 2:10.5 anchor.
- Sandrae Farquaharson (NY) blasted the girls 300 meter run with a new US#1 time of 38.28, and the mark is also US#8 All-Time indoors! Kyle Plante (NY) was 2nd from the first section with a US#3 time of 38.87.
Day One Highlights
- Zavon Watkins (NY) made his 1000 meter season debut in style with a US#1 clocking of 2:27.27! The time is also #10 All-Time in the US. Jeremy Greenwald (VA) was 2nd in a US#2 time of 2:27.45, Christian Delago (NY) was 3rd in a US#3 time of 2:28.86 and Kyle Moran was 4th in a US#4 time of 2:28.93 (PA).
- Claudia Francis (NY) won the girls 1000 meter run with a US#10 All-Time clocking of 2:48.75, going through 800 meters at 2:13.7. The mark is also US#1 this year. Molly McNamara (NJ) was 2nd in a US#2 time of 2:51.80 and Joelle Amaral was 3rd with a US#3 time of 2:52.19.
- Abington (PA) blazed to a US#1 and PA state record time of 3:16.78 in the boys 4x400 meter relay. Dematha Catholic (MD) was 2nd in a US#2 time of 3:17.41. Knightdale was 3rd with a US#3 time of 3:19.22. Abington splits were: Josh Swift 49.5, Macey Watson 49.3, Tevin Smith 48.7, and Will Taylor 49.0.
- Medgar Evers (NY) won the girls 4x400 meter relay with a US#1 time of 3:44.66. Benjamin Cardozo (NY) was 2nd in 3:53.98 but was without Claudia and Chamique Francis.
New Balance Grand Prix (MA)
Lukas Verzbicas en route to a 4:03.88 Mile. (Photo by Henry Finch)
- Meet Summary
- Video Interviews
- Photos - Album 1 | Album 2
- Lukas Verzbicas (IL) patiently worked his way to an 8th place finish in the elite Men's Mile with a 1200 split of 3:01 and a US#1 time of 4:03.88. The time is US#3 All-Time indoors behind Alan Webb's 3:59.86 and Thom Hunts 4:02.7.
- Lindsey Crevoiserat (Glastonbury, CT) won the girls junior elite mile in 4:52.61 leading the entire race with a 3:41 1200 split.
- Miles Schoedler (Ocean City, NJ) won the boys junior elite mile in 4:16.92 spliting the 1200 at 3:16.
Southeastern Meet #3 (VA)
Germany-USA-Japan Trilateral Indoor Juniors
- Trinity Wilson (CA) improved on her US#1 performance in the 60 Hurdles, winning with a time of 8.41. Shelley Black (PA) was 3rd and improved her US#4 time to 8.60.
- Myasia Jacobs won the girls 60 meter dash with a new US#1 performance of 7.41. Current US#3 Christal Peterson (VA) was 3rd in 7.53.
- Damiere Byrd and Ronald Darby were 2-3 in the boys 60 meter dash with times of 6.76 and 6.77, the top two times in the country this year.
- In the boys 60 Meter Hurdles Kenneth Minkah (TX) and Demetrius Lindo were 2-3 with times of 7.77 and 7.79, also the top two times in the country this year.
- Marquis Dendy (DE) won the boys long jump with a big US#1 mark of 24-08.75. Jarrett Samuels was 2nd with a US#5 mark of 23-06.25.
KTC Indoor Track Classic (TN)
Preview article here.
- Live Results
Day Two Highlights
- Michael Newton won the boys 400 meter dash with a T-US#5 time of 48.66.
- Keni Harrison ran a US#3 8.55 in the prelims of the girls 60 Hurdles.
- Jordan Moore ran a US#8 time of 8.16 in the prelims of the boys 60 Hurdles.
- Shelby Ashe (GA) adds another girls weight throw win to her resume with a US#2 mark of 64-09.25 (She already owns the US#1 mark at 65-02).
- Drew Staskiewicz (NE) blasted a 74-07.75 to wrest the US lead away from Ben Glauser, who was 2nd in 71-01.25.
- Torri Tillman moved from US#9 to US#3 in the long jump with a mark of 23-11.
Day One Highlights
- In the 200 meter dash prelims Kyra Jefferson ran a US#2 time of 24.53 while Jada Martin improved her time to a US#6 24.66.
- In the boys 200 meter dash prelims Torri Tillman blazed a US#2 time of 21.53. Anthony Bynum was the 2nd fastest qualifier with a US#7 time of 21.93.
- Shelby Ashe (St. Pius, GA) moved from US#3 to US#1 with a 47-9.75 in the shot put.
- Jadon Short (Knoxville, TN) won the boys 60 meter dash with a US#7 time of 6.92.
- Ben Glauser improved his US#3 63-8 shot put throw with a US#2 70-04.50.
USATF XC Championships (CA)
Aisling Cuffe (NY) and Ammar Moussa (CA) are the prep highlights in the Junior race.
- Video Interviews - Aisling Cuffe (Girls Junior winner) | More to come
- Junior Entries
- USATF Live Webcast
- Girls Junior 6k: Aisling Cuffe (NY) ran away from the pack on the 2nd lap and cruised to a big win in the Junior race. Molly McNamara was 2nd and Katie Flood finished 3rd. Cuffe's 2k split was 6:55 and her 4k split was 13:53.
- Boys Junior 8k: Erik Olson (Stanford) won with a late-race surge. More to come.
Atlantic Coast Indoor Invitational (VA)
Day One Highlights
- Desmonae Gray (VA) won the girls 55 hurdles with a US#6 time of 8.10.
- JaQuan Demiel (VA) won the boys 55 hurdles with a US#7 time of 7.47.
- Cameron Overstreet (VA) won the girls vault and improved her US#2 mark of 12-10.
Day 2 Highlights
- Justin Burke (VA) won the boys 300 dash with a US#2 time of 34.70.
- Megan Moye (VA) ran a US#3 10:39.18 to win the girls 3200 meter run.
- Current US#1 leader in the girls long jump, Keilah Tyson (Western Branch) jumped a US#2 mark of 19-6
- Jeremy Granderson (Colonial Forge) jumped a US#5 in the boys high jump with a mark of 6-10.25
- Wakefield (NC) won the boys 4x200 with a US#5 time of 1:30.09 for a facility record. The time is also the fastest flat track time of the year.
- Thireyona Legg (VA) won the girls 500 meter dash with a US#7 time of 1:15.70.
- Amanda Smith (VA) won the girls 1000 meter run with a US#9 time of 2:55.94.
- The Wakefield (NC) boys also set another "fastest flat track time of the year" record with a US#8 time of 3:23.52 in the 4x400 meter relay.
McIntyre Elite Meet (MA)
- Austin Mudd (Center Grove) ran a brisk 1:53.94 in the 800 for a US#2
- Michael Columbus (North) won the 3200 with a US#2 time of 9:18.80
- Waverly Neer (Culver Academy) won the girls 3200 with US#5 time of 10:42.14
Eastern Connecticut Conference Indoor Championships (CT)