WATCH LIVE: THE LAST CHANCE INVITATIONAL
LIVE ON JAN 28-29 STARTING AT 2:00 p.m. EST on FRIDAY
With state championship indoor meets arriving on the calendar in the coming weeks, athletes are feeling an urgency to compete and hit their standards for competition.
Which makes the Last Chance Invitational on Friday and Saturday in Birmingham, Alabama, that much more improvement.
The annual event in Alabama is this week's National Meet of the Week. Check below for content published throughout the week.
MEET OF THE WEEK CONTENT
ON THE LINE
When: January 28
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST -- Last Chance Pentathlon
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST -- Last Chance Invitational #1
Note: The MileSplit stream begins at 2:00 p.m. CST
When: January 29
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST -- Last Chance Invitational #2
Note: The MileSplit stream begins at 8:00 a.m. CST
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST -- Last Chance Invitational #3
Rolling race schedule for all three meets:
- 60mH - no prelims
- 60m - no prelims
- 3,200m (Minimum standards - Girls 14:00; Boys 12:00--2/team max): Athletes will be pulled from track if not under the minimum standard with a lap to go.
- With COVID-19 still a concern for the indoor winter sports, adjustments are necessary. The indoor season will include as many athletes as possible that desire to participate, but with that will come changes. The biggest concerns that are addressed with these changes are total numbers of people in the facility at one time and keeping athletes distanced from each other as much as possible.
- The objective is not to have any clusters of athletes and to have athletes near each other when necessary for no more than 10 minutes at a time. Less is better. With this in mind, the following are some requirements necessary to reach our goals.
- All spectators and athletes must wear a mask at all times (unless competing) inside the Crossplex, as long as this is the city of Birmingham policy.
- Only essential personnel are allowed on the mondo surface. This would include competing athletes, officials, volunteers and coaches in coaching boxes(limit of one per school per box).
- Spectators, multiple coaches from the same school, college coaches and non-competing athletes are not allowed on the Mondo surface.
- Athletes are encouraged to warm-up outside unless there is inclement weather. If there is inclement weather, other arrangements will be made (If the bb arena is available).
- Doors will open when the Crossplex is done disinfecting everything and no more than 30 minutes before the event is to start.
- The meet is sanctioned in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi