A vast number of meets - including New Balance Nationals Indoor - have been canceled. This is due to organizations and leagues putting in place measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Many athletes and coaches across the country are reacting to the news in different ways. See how some of the nation's top athletes are reacting to the cancellations below.
- - -
Reaction To NBNI Being Canceled:
Many asked what about the backpacks? (Don't worry, you will still be able to get them.)
After it was originally announced that the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships would be run without spectators, it was completely canceled along with all other NCAA winter and spring championships.
More athletes and coaches reacted to the news of NCAA's being canceled.
Reactions to other meets being canceled...
Other major meets which are just postponed or making adjustments.
Lastly...if you've been impacted we'd like to hear from you.
- - -
- Update: COVID-19 Precaution Impacting California Track Season
- South Carolina Coaches, Meet Directors Respond to Concerns
- NYSPHSAA Postpones Remaining Indoor Champs
- Update: The Texas Distance Festival Has Been Cancelled
- Updated Cancellations And Postponements For Track Season
- Coronavirus: Arizona Lastest Update