Consistent Nyjari McNeil Throws Down Another 2:10 Half-Mile In Maryland
If consistency is king, then Franklin's Nyjari McNeil is heading toward some pretty impressive company.
McNeil put down her second straight 800m in 2:10.55, a little more than a hundredth of a second off her US No. 6 in 2:10.43, and did so while winning by nine seconds over the second-place competitor at the Scorpion Classic on Friday.
McNeil, though, achieved her second effort at that time against a lesser field, while Collier and Brewer generally had considerable talent behind them in their performances.
If nothing else, it shows that McNeil likely has more left in the tank at the distance, and that she could challenge for an even better outing in the weeks to come.
Nyjari McNeil Stats
|2:10.43||Bullis Bulldog Invitational||1st||Finals||>|
|2:15.40||Chesapeake, Franklin, Landsowne @ Patapsco||1st||Finals||>|
- Page 1: Zachary (LA) High's Sean Burrell goes school record 45.88 in beast mode effort
- Page 2: Dustin Horter throws down in an epic 3200m race at Eastern Relays for a new US No. 1
- Page 3: Kaitlyn Lacy wins in the final stretches on Friday in the girls 3200m at the Eastern Relays
- Page 4: Katelyn Tuohy drops a calm US No. 2 performance in the 3200 at the Red Raider Relays
- Page 5: Nyjari McNeil continues to impress at 800 meters
- Page 6: Katelynne Hart is on fire
- Page 7: Kansas Relays Recap
- Page 8: Mt. SAC Recap
- Page 9: Sadie Sargent claims Class 2A state record in 1600 in Utah
- Page 10: Breaking down the Distance Night in Palatine
- Page 11: Can Jake Merrell Break 1:50?
- Page 12: DeSoto's boys closing the gap in the 4x100 relay
- Page 13: Georgia's Surprise 400m Leader Goes US No. 1
- Page 14: Twanisha Terry takes NCAA lead in the 100m with wind-legal mark