Masai Russell Switches Pledge From Texas A&M To Tennessee
The madness of signing day has arrived.
Originally committed to Texas A&M University, Bullis School (MD) High senior Masai Russell announced on Wednesday she was switching her pledge to the University of Tennessee.
Joining teammate Eric Allen Jr. in Knoxville, Russell ultimately will join a collegiate program that in recent years has been churning out great sprint talents. Masai, a national indoor title winner in the 4x200 and 4x400, will add depth to the sprints and hurdles.
But perhaps her true depth comes in the 400mH, where she was was a third-place finisher at the Pan American Junior Championships in 57.55 seconds.
Russell also remains highly skilled in the short hurdles, too, and has the versatility to run the 60mH all the way to the 300mH. On the track, she's split 24.68 seconds for 200 meters and holds a 400 meter PR of 55.57 seconds.
- Page 2: Great Oak triple jumper CJ Stevenson
- Page 3: Brodey Hasty will officially ink with Oregon
- Page 4: Max Benson de-commits from Tennessee and eventually picks Utah State
- Page 5: Cross Announces Plans To Join Akron
- Page 6: Akeem Lindo picks North Carolina A & T
- Page 7: Russell changes commitment from Texas A & M to Tennessee
- Page 8: Stewart lands at Southern California