Connecticut Class Championships (CT)
Danae Rivers broke Ceci Hopp's meet record in the 800m with a 2:08.66 personal record.
- Meet Page: Class L - Class S - Class LL - Class MM
- Results: Class L: Boys & Girls - Class S: Boys & Girls - Class LL: Boys & Girls - Class MM: Boys & Girls
- Wilton's Spencer Brown had a stellar distance double running a 4:13.29 1600 Class L record in the driving rain on Monday then came back with dry weather on Wednesday to drop another record time and personal best US #7 1:50.88 to break current Brooks pro athlete Cas Loxsom's 2008 meet record.
- Penn Relays 3k champion Alex Ostberg of Darien is out for an indefinite period of time. He is awaiting consultation with a doctor, but reports a tibial stress fracture that flared up after his 8:43 3200 PR runner-up finish at the Loucks Games. In his absence, Darien junior teammate Noonan Armstrong won the Class L boys 3200 title in 9:23.
- Sub-10 minute two miler Hannah Debalsi ran the best she has all spring, cruising to a distance sweep (4:53.51 1600m/10:31.63 3200m) as the sophomore national class record holder in the two mile starts to pick up the pace into the post-season.
- Danae Rivers runs US #13 2:08.66 on Wednesday at the Class L Meet, breaks Ceci Hopp's meet record from 1981. Hopp was the 1980 Kinney XC Champion; she later won the 1982 NCAA 3k title for Stanford and was a multiple-time Olympic Trials qualifier. On Monday right before the remainder of the meet was postponed to Wednesday, Rivers won the 1600 in the pouring rain with a 4:59.58 performance.
- The Glastonbury girls won the 4x800 meter relay at the Class LL meet in a state leading time of 9:14.96,
Back To National Weekend Rundown