NEW YORK CITY (June 8, 2014) - Ricky Faure, Sukhi Khosla, Blake Haney, and Garrett O'Toole, whose 4:01.89 mile last week leads the nation, will headline the Boys' Dream Mile at the adidas Grand Prix on Saturday, June 14, organizers announced today.
Tickets for the event, which is marking its 10th year of bringing the world’s top athletes to Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island, are on sale now at www.adidasgrandprix.com or by calling 1-877-849-8722.
O’Toole (Concord, MA), who also holds the #1 time in the U.S. for 1500 meters (3:45.55), calls breaking the four-minute barrier “a possibility on the right day.” In 2011, Lukas Verzbicas became the fifth U.S. high school boy in history to break four minutes for the mile when he won the Boys’ Dream Mile here in 3:59.71.
- Garrett O’Toole, whose time of 4:01.89 makes him the fastest prep miler in Massachusetts and New England history and makes him #14 all-time on the U.S. prep list, will be challenged by three fellow top-ranked athletes:
- Ricky Faure (Rock Springs, WY), #1 U.S. at 800m (1:48.14): 10-time individual state champion;
- Sukhi Khosla (Tallahassee, FL), # U.S. at 1600m (4:05.96) and the reigning 4A state champion at 1600m, 3200m, and in cross country; and
- Blake Haney (Bakersfield, CA), #1 U.S. at 3200m (8:46.80) and fifth in the 2013 IAAF World Youth Championships at 1500m, who will be competing in the Boys’ Dream Mile for the third time.
Joining them in the deep field will be:
- Garrett Corcoran (Villa Park, CA), adidas Azusa Meet of Champions winner and #2 U.S. at 1600m;
- Austen Dalquist (Keller, TX), 5A state champion, 1600m and 3200m; #10 U.S. 1600m;
- Josh Evans (Cedar Rapids, IA), 4A state champion 800m, 1600m, 3200m: #3 U.S. at 1600m
- Grant Fisher (Grand Blanc, MI), 9th, 2013 IAAF World Youth Championships, 1500m; 2012 NB Indoor Mile Champion;
- Cerake Geberkidane (Denver, CO), 5A state champion Cross Country, 800m, 1600m, 3200m; #4 U.S. at 1600m;
- Spencer Haik (Springfield, MO), three-time Class 4 state champion, 1600m; #2 U.S. mile (4:05.98); Kansas Relays champion, 1600m;
- Conner Mantz (Smithfield, UT), 4A state champion 1600m and 3200m; NB Indoor Nationals 5000m champion;
- Matthew Maton (Bend, OR), 5A state champion, 1500m and 3000m; #2 U.S. 1500m
- Wesley Pectol (Greeneville, TN), A/AA state champion Cross Country, 800m, 1600m, 3200m; and
- Zack Summerall (Sarasota, FL), Golden South Classic Mile champion.
The Dream athletes will be competing alongside dozens of Olympic gold medalists and World Champions, including David Rudisha,Yohan Blake, Jenn Suhr, Bohdan Bondarenko, Valerie Adams, Robert Harting, and Jenny Simpson.
The adidas Dream Miles and Dream 100 races will be shown live on USATF.TV between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. EDT, and will be shown in capsule form on NBC Sports Network, which will broadcast the meet live from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. EDT. USATF.TV will resume coverage of the meet from 6 p.m.-6:30 p.m., before its “Cool Down” show begins.
The sixth stop on the international IAAF Diamond League circuit, the adidas Grand Prix is in its 10th year at Icahn Stadium, in conjunction with the Randall’s Island Sports Alliance. The latest news, photos and information on the event can be found atwww.adidasgrandprix.com; on Facebook; and on Twitter.