Hampton (VA) senior Chantel Ray ran a US #1 wind-legal 13.53 in the 100 meter hurdles finals at the Taco Bell Classic in a victory against the US #1 all-conditions ranked hurdler Jasmine Quinn of Fort Dorchester (SC) in a close second at 13.55. Quinn had run a 13.33 F.A.T. clocking the previous weekend at a meet without a wind reading. Ray's time is #2 all-time in Virginia high school history behind only Latasha Colander at 13.30. (Photo by John Olson/SCRunners.com)
BLYTHEWOOD – Westwood High track and field coach Lawrence Terry expects his boys and girls teams to finish in the top three next month at State, an expectation that indicates how far the Redhawk program has come under his direction in a very short period of time.
COLUMBIA -- Raven Saunders threw herself into the limelight at the 22nd annual Taco Bell Track & Field Classic at Spring Valley High School's Harry Parone Stadium over the weekend.
COLUMBIA -- Day two action of the Taco Bell Classic is underway at Harry Parone Stadium. Check back for updates throughout the day.
Burke High School (Charleston, SC) senior Raven Saunders set the high school national indoor record last month in the girls shot put at the New Balance Nationals Indoor. Saunders did not get too far into her outdoor season before setting the all-time best performance in US high school history for outdoor in the event. At the Taco Bell Classic on Saturday in Columbia, South Carolina, Saunders shattered the old rrecord by nearly two full feet with a incredible mark of 56'8".
Missed the live feed for the running events of the Taco Bell Classic in Columbia, South Carolina? No worries! MileSplit has you covered as you can watch Friday and Saturday's races from Taco Bell on replay here!
Day one race videos and top performances
Complete race videos from Friday night now posted.
We are thrilled to announce this weekend's Taco Bell Classic at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina will be live streamed on MileSplit! The Taco Bell Classic is annually one of the best high school outdoor track & field invitational meets in the entire Southeast as the meet gathers many of the top athletes from the surrounding states of South Carolina and beyond. Many US top 10 performances and US #1's are often produced regularly year after year at this event.
A look at 2013 Taco Bell Classic as this year's meet nears.
Photos: Taco Bell Classic by hyperionxc
Portion of day one and two photographs. Lots more to come this weekend and Monday.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Chantel Ray (Hampton ) 13.53 SB; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 13.55; Anna Cockrell (Providence Day School) 13.79 SB; Shanel Burr (North Cobb High School) 14.26; Kylie Mcmillan (Southern Guilford) 14.29 SB; Kyra Atkins (J.L. Mann) 14.30 SB; Kaylah Ruff (Hickory) 14.85 SB; Destiny McKnight (Goose Creek) 14.87; Gabriele Cunningham (Mallard Creek) 14.93w; Meaghan Cooke (West Florence) 15.00w SB; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 13.73; Chantel Ray (Hampton ) 13.77; Anna Cockrell (Providence Day School) 14.17; Shanel Burr (North Cobb High School) 14.28; Kylie Mcmillan (Southern Guilford) 14.34; Kyra Atkins (J.L. Mann) 14.66; Kaylah Ruff (Hickory) 14.93; Destiny McKnight (Goose Creek) 14.97;
- 100 Meter Dash - India Brown (West Florence) 11.85w SB; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 11.90w SB; Makyla Stanley (James Island) 11.91w SB; Lauren Morgan (Elizabeth Seton High School) 11.93w SB;Courtney Blanden (Weddington High School) 12.02w SB; Jaela Gay (Riverdale Baptist) 12.15w SB; Arlicia Bush (Ridge View) 12.22w SB; Genaya Johnson (Mallard Creek) 12.25w; Makyla Stanley (James Island) 11.92; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 11.95; India Brown (West Florence) 12.08;
- 200 Meter Dash - Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 24.22 SB; Simone Glenn (Bullis School) 24.36 SB; India Brown (West Florence) 24.56 SB; Courtney Blanden (Weddington High School) 24.62 SB; Bre-Anna Heyward-White (Beaufort) 24.78 SB; Kyla Lewis (Bullis School) 24.89 SB; Kara Lyles (Nansemond River) 24.90 SB; Simone Glenn (Bullis School) 24.39; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 24.59w; India Brown (West Florence) 24.64; Courtney Blanden (Weddington High School) 24.92; Riley Egbula (Hillcrest) 24.98w SB; Jaela Gay (Riverdale Baptist) 25.00 SB;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Libby Davidson (E.C. Glass) 10:44.56 SB; Sara Platek (Ragsdale) 10:44.89 SB; Morgan Ilse (Marist) 10:45.82; Anna Johnson (Dutch Fork) 10:51.51 SB; Bianca Bishop (Providence) 10:54.78; Logan Morris (Spartanburg Christian) 11:00.48; Lily Anderson (T.C. Roberson) 11:01.18; Arden Vessie (Corinth Holders) 11:03.95 SB; Cate Ambrose (Riverside) 11:07.34 SB; Claudia Cannon (Spring Valley) 11:11.57 SB; Mary Prouty (Myers Park) 11:13.60; Holly Bailey (Lake Norman) 11:15.23 SB; Abigail Smith (Riverside) 11:16.41 SB; Jennifer Stephenson (Village Christian Academy) 11:19.83 SB;
- 400 Meter Hurdles - Anna Cockrell (Providence Day School) 1:02.92 SB; Laurie Barton (Daniel) 1:04.86 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Brandee' Johnson (Nansemond River) 55.36 SB; Riley Egbula (Hillcrest) 55.60 SB; Lauren Jackson (Dunwoody) 55.63 SB; Bre-Anna Heyward-White (Beaufort) 56.16 SB; Arlicia Bush(Ridge View) 56.49 SB; Johnaida Eliscar (Ridge View) 57.33 SB;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Bullis School 47.35; Nansemond River 47.59; Elizabeth Seton High School 47.74; Hampton 47.78; Northwestern 47.91;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Elizabeth Seton High School 3:54.13;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - T.C. Roberson 9:16.93; Providence 9:30.30; Lake Norman 9:41.49; E.C. Glass 9:43.98; North Lincoln 9:44.43;
- 800 Meter Run - Lauren Jackson (Dunwoody) 2:15.05; Casey Greenwalt (T.C. Roberson) 2:15.99 SB; Caitie Faust (Marist) 2:17.27 SB; Kayla Glova (Providence) 2:19.92 SB;
- Discus - Raven Saunders (Burke) 159-11 SB; Bryanna Hames (Myers Park) 156-3; Alycia Springs (Mallard Creek) 135-8 SB; Mohogany Baker (Berry, Phillip O.) 134-7; Carisma Holland (Seneca) 125-9 SB;Majayla Holland (Seneca) 125-5 SB; Kamryn Brinson (Marist) 124-3;
- High Jump - Bailey Weiland (Marist) 5-8; Quamecha Morrison (Battery Creek) 5-4 SB;
- Long Jump - Makyla Stanley (James Island) 19-8 SB; Angelica Collins (Wando) 19-5.5 SB; Jasmine Quinn (Fort Dorchester) 19-1 SB; Kara Lyles (Nansemond River) 18-6.5 SB; Autumn Robinson (Elizabeth Seton High School) 18-6 SB; Kelsey Briggs (Westwood) 18-5.5 SB; Javonne Antoine (Elizabeth Seton High School) 18-5 SB; Sydney Smith (Eastside) 17-9; Olivia Walker (Hopewell) 17-6 SB;
- One Mile Run - Ashbrook Gwinn (Aiken) 5:02.13 SB; Grace Sullivan (Providence) 5:03.57 SB; Avery Bussjager (Walton High School) 5:07.30 SB; Logan Morris (Spartanburg Christian) 5:10.71 SB; Ralene Kwiatkowski (Carolina Day School) 5:11.71 SB; Claudia Cannon (Spring Valley) 5:12.39 SB; Maryah Nasir (Pinewood Prep) 5:13.26 SB; Alexa King (Marvin Ridge) 5:13.42 SB; Victoria Burdette (South Pointe) 5:14.36 SB; Arden Vessie (Corinth Holders) 5:15.25 SB;
- Pole Vault - Mariel Finger (North Gaston) 12-0 SB; Kendall Mercer (Wando) 11-6 SB; Hailey Sweatman (James Island) 11-6; Sarah Lee (Wando) 11-0 SB; Liz Wood (Cuthbertson High School) 11-0; Taylor Helms (Marvin Ridge) 11-0; Hannah Staudt (Spring Valley) 10-6 SB;
- Shot Put - Raven Saunders (Burke) 56-8.25 SB; Mohogany Baker (Berry, Phillip O.) 41-0.25; Ashley Wingo (Mallard Creek) 40-8.75 SB; Zakiya Rashid (Nansemond River) 40-3.5; Khayla Dawson (Olympic) 40-1.75; Alycia Springs (Mallard Creek) 39-10.25 SB; Carisma Holland (Seneca) 39-10.25 SB; Bryanna Hames (Myers Park) 39-7.25; Majayla Holland (Seneca) 38-6.5 SB; Asia Johnson (Aiken) 38-2.5 SB;Kamryn Brinson (Marist) 38-2;
- Triple Jump - Javonne Antoine (Elizabeth Seton High School) 40-10 SB; Angelica Collins (Wando) 38-8 SB; Elyse King (T.C. Roberson) 37-9 SB; Annabelle Workman (Greer) 36-6.5 SB; Olivia Walker(Hopewell) 36-6 SB; Makyla Stanley (James Island) 36-6; Nicole Lawson (North Mecklenburg) 36-6; Keanan Johnson (Greer) 36-1.5;
- 100 Meter Dash - Trentavis Friday (Cherryville) 10.50; Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic High School) 10.62; Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic High School) 10.56 SB; Trentavis Friday (Cherryville) 10.57; Jaylen Bacon (Lower Richland) 10.71; Quashawn Cunningham (Mallard Creek) 10.75;
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Isaiah Lewis (Hillcrest) 14.43 SB; Deandre Hurley (Abbeville) 14.69 SB; Trey Stanley (Northwestern) 14.37 SB; Michael Dickson (Beaufort) 14.43; Kordell Williams (DeMatha Catholic High School) 14.53 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic High School) 21.20 SB; Jaylen Bacon (Lower Richland) 21.64; Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic High School) 21.41; Jaylen Bacon (Lower Richland) 21.91;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Patrick Sheehan (Lake Norman) 9:13.56; Daniel Navarro (Marist) 9:13.67 SB; Nik O'brien (North Augusta) 9:16.60; Reilly Friedman (Galloway) 9:25.50 SB; Shane Sullivan (Mount Pisgah Christian School) 9:26.12 SB; Gabriel Haughey (Daniel) 9:29.74 SB; Corbin Boyles (Maiden High ) 9:30.11 SB; Tony Morales (River Bluff) 9:30.21 SB; Peter Seufer (E.C. Glass) 9:33.70 SB; Jacob Slann(Daniel) 9:35.06 SB; Jackson Ellenburg (Ashley Ridge) 9:36.82 SB; Chris Kelly (Pinecrest) 9:37.22 SB; Alex Lucking (Eastside) 9:39.18 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - DeAndre Daniels (Goose Creek) 48.88; Antwuan Andrews (North Augusta) 48.98; Anthony Simmons (North Cobb High School) 49.11; Jordan Sumpter (Camden) 49.32 SB; Darnell Pratt Jr.(DeMatha Catholic High School) 49.46 SB;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Mallard Creek 41.61;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Hopewell 3:21.24;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Lake Norman 7:58.09; Northwestern 7:59.14; Lexington 8:07.19; Marvin Ridge 8:09.13; Hopewell 8:09.96;
- 800 Meter Run - Ryan Speer (North Raleigh Christian Academy) 1:53.33 SB; Ryan Hastings (Porter Ridge) 1:53.81 SB; Elijah Inuwa (Central Academy of Technology) 1:54.79 SB; Christian White (Charlotte Latin) 1:54.97 SB; Chad Fennell (Northwestern) 1:55.53 SB; Rashaan Williams (North Mecklenburg) 1:55.57 SB; Wyatt Maxey (Providence) 1:56.35 SB; Eligha Case (Laurens) 1:56.41 SB; Kailon Brealond(North Cobb High School) 1:56.41 SB; Frank Pittman (Marist) 1:56.62 SB;
- Discus - Kenneth Brinson (Marist) 166-10; Tj Deveaux (Stratford) 164-1 SB; Travis Barnett (Porter Gaud) 163-1 SB; Neil Blanken (Bluffton) 159-9 SB; Alex Tate (Marvin Ridge) 159-1; Marcus Abraham(Victory Christian) 156-7 SB;
- High Jump - Quantarius Caldwell (Northwestern) 6-6 SB; Naquan Adams (Mauldin) 6-6 SB;
- Long Jump - Kenny Waring (Wando) 23-0.5 SB; Jonathan Marino (Marvin Ridge) 22-11.5 SB; Nasir Pringle (Wade Hampton-Hampton) 22-10.5 SB; Deandre Baker (Richland Northeast) 22-10 SB;
- One Mile Run - Zack Langston (Lexington) 4:18.15 SB; Robby Keough (Whitefield Academy) 4:20.46 SB; Wyatt Maxey (Providence) 4:21.79 SB; Blanton Gillespie (Shelby) 4:22.94 SB; Jack Timmerman(Spring Valley) 4:23.04 SB; Peter Seufer (E.C. Glass) 4:23.38 SB; Andrew Fea (North Lincoln) 4:24.75 SB; Jackson Ellenburg (Ashley Ridge) 4:25.66 SB; Matthew Blivin (Jordan) 4:25.88 SB; Michael Lantz(Blythewood) 4:26.76 SB;
- Pole Vault - Harrison Hix (Wren) 15-0 SB; Daniel Bolin (Northwestern) 14-6 SB; Joseph Popek (Ragsdale) 14-0; Ronald Campbell (Marvin Ridge) 14-0 SB; Marshall Shank (East Rowan) 14-0;
- Shot Put - Marcus Abraham (Victory Christian) 55-4.75; Matthew Zajac (E.C. Glass) 54-5 SB; Anthony Friday (Westwood) 53-6.75 SB; Zack Bailey (Summerville) 52-1 SB;
- Triple Jump - Malik Scott (Richland Northeast) 45-8.5 SB; Noah Tyson (Asheville) 45-3.5 SB; Deandre Baker (Richland Northeast) 45-2 SB; Aaron Deane (E.C. Glass) 45-1 SB;