2012 Outdoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
- Meet Headquarters Page (Links to all article, video and photo coverage!)
- Phil Groves Saturday Stories
- Phil Groves Friday Stories
- Video Interviews (62 total videos!)
- Photo Albums
Angel Piccirillo celebrates her 1600 win! She also took the 800 in MR time.
- Billy Stanley US#1 and US#2 All-Time 246-9 on his first throw in the AAA Javelin!!
- Angel Piccirillo (Homer Center) won the girls AA 1600 in a meet record 4:39.42 and came back in the 800 to win with another meet record time of 2:09.16!
- Chris Williams won the AAA boys pole vault as the event lasted well after the 4x400's ended and wound up with a tie of the state record of 16-6 and setting the meet record.
- In the girls AAA 4x800 relay the finish could not have been more exciting. Downingtown East won the race after a gutsy last 200 meters in 9:03.12. Strath Haven finished 2nd in an incredibly close time of 9:03.13, barely the blink of an eye back! West Chester Henderson, last years champs, got 3rd in 9:03.38.
- Eric Futch (Penn Wood) fought his way into the state meet and then remained his steely focus to deliver some incredible performances as he won the 300H in 36.68, the 200m dash in 21.70 and then ran on the 4x400 team that won gold in 3:15.04.
- In the boys AAA 4x800 Cumberland Valley dove for glory and got the win in 7:43.81 over Chambersburg in 7:43.84!
- Kenya Woodall (Coatesville) won the AAA 100m dash in 12.07 and the 400m dash in a US#6 53.40.
- Emma Keenan (Gwynedd Mercy) won the AAA 800m run and achieved her time goal with a winning 2:07.06 for US#5.
- Sam Hibbs (Hatboro Horsham) won the AAA boys 3200m run with a time of 9:09.72. Brendan Shearn won the AA race in 9:22.09. In girls action Tori Gerlach (Pennridge) powered away over the final laps to win with a time of 10:38.40. She has a PR of 10:24.19. Sophomore Adair Gennocro (St. Mary's) won the AA race with a huge PR of 10:36.62.
- Penn Wood went US#13 3:15.06 in the prelims of the 4x400.
- Downingtown East and WC Henderson were the top 4x800 girls qualifiers, both running 9:13.
- Pennridge led boys qualifiers with a time of 7:51.26.
- Hickory girls swept the AA discus with Lauren Lubarsky winning in 146-6, Taylor Woods 2nd in 139-2 and Jen Neider 3rd in 135-8.
- Michael Shuey won the boys AA Javelin with a toss of 200-1.
- Patrick Anderson won the AA Pole Vault with a leap of 15-11, a new meet record.
Tyreek Hill blasted up the track to a US#2 All-Time 20.14 in the 200m!
- Golden South Coverage Headquarters
- Photo Albums
- Video Interviews and Race Footage (45 total videos)
- Golden South Preview show
- Bracy a no go for Golden South Classic
- Tyreek Hill (GA) torched the track in the 100m dash with a US#8 All-Time time of 10.19 in the prelims but lost to LeVonte Whitfield in the final 10.38 to 10.41.
- Hill then went 20.49 in the 200m prelim and followed it up with a blazing US#2 All-Time 20.14 to win the final!! Roy Martin (Roosevelt TX) ran 20.13 in 1985.
- Lily Williams blasted a 4:46.15 for the full mile to earn a ticket to the dream mile in NYC.
- Shayla Sanders won the Classic 200m dash in 23.44. Kali Davis-White was 2nd in a quick 23.61.
- Aldrich Bailey won the 400m dash with a quick time of 45.58.
- Robin Reynolds won the Classic 400m dash in a time of 53.61.
- Dasha Rogers won the Classic 800m run in a time of 2:10.69.
- Lily Williams ran an impressive 4:46.15 in the Classic 1600m run.
- Nicole Green won the Classic high jump with a leap of 5-10.
- Tristie Johnson won the Classic 100m dash in a quick 11.28 clocking.
- In the Class 3A 4x800m relay Cardinal Ritter won with a meet record time of 7:50.58.
- Photo Album by Leo Collins
- Video Interviews
- Coverage articles
- Izaic Yorks had an amazing double in 3A action with a 1:50.56 clocking to win the 800 and then came back later in the day and won the 1600m run with a stellar 4:04.77! Nathan Weitz was 2nd in 4:05.60.
- Nick Boersma won the 4A 800m title with a time of 1:49.87!
- In 3A action Joe Hardy won the 3200m with a kick over Nathan Weitz in 8:55.22.
- Andrew Gardner won the 4A 3200m with a time of 8:59.83.
Class 2 Highlights
- Caleb Fricke (Petersburg) won the discus with a meet record toss of 188-02.
- Burlington won the 4x800m relay with a time of 7:48.31.
- Jacksonville set a meet record in the 4x100m relay with a winning time of 41.67.
Class 3 Highlights
- Carl Heinz (River Forest) won the high jump by soaring 7-01 to enter a 3-way tie for US#1.
- Josh Freeman (Grove) won the shot put with a big 66-00 toss.
- Lane took down Niles North in a hotly contested 4x800 7:47.42 to 7:47.96.
- Malachy Schrobilgen (River Forest) won the 3200m run with a quick 9:03.42.
- Dunbar took a pair of relay wins, taking the 4x200m relay in 1:26.01 and the 4x100m relay in 41.92.
- Tavaris Binion (Hinsdale South) won the 100m dash with a quick 10.53.
- Leland Later (New Trier) won the 1600m run with a quick 4:09.95.
- Zach Gordon (Wheaton North) won the boys long jump with a leap of 24-00.50.
- Darvell Harris (Dunbar) won the 200m dash with a time of 21.44.
Class 1 Highlights
- Kandie Bloch (Oreana) won the high jump with a solid leap of 5-10.
- Sydni Meunier (Melvin) won the girls 800m run with a time of 2:11.30.
Class 2 Highlights
- Lakes won the 4x800 with a time of 9:24.02.
- Shamier Little (Lindblom) got 3 golds, winning the 100H with a time of 14.02, the 300H with a time of 42.80 and the 400m dash with a time of 54.19.
- Charday Crawford (Southeast) won the 100m dash with a blazing 11.48, the 200m dash in 24.14 and helped Southeast to the 4x200 title in 1:40.38.
- Rich South impressed in the 4x400m relay with a winning time of 3:52.64.
Class 3 Highlights
- Warrenville South torched the girls 4x800m relay with a winning time of 8:59.03 but Glenbard West wasn't far behind with a 2nd place clocking of 9:00.72.
- Emmonnie Henderson won the girls discus with a toss of 157-11.
- Bolingbrook won the 4x100m relay with a time of 46.58.
- Kaylee Flanagan (Lake Park) won the girls 3200m run with a time of 10:30.47.
- Morolake Akinosun (Waubonsie Valley) blazed in the 100m dash to a time of 11.41.
- Courtney Clayton (Hononegah) won the 800m run with a quick time of 2:08.48 but Lindsey Rakosnik (Glenbard East) was 2nd in 2:09.23.
- Belleville East won the girls 4x200m relay with a quick 1:39.77 with East St. Louis 2nd in 1:39.81.
- Brittny Ellis (Warren) won the girls 400m dash in 54.08.
- Aaliyah Brown (Lincoln Way East) won the 200m dash with a time of 24.18.
- Belleville West won a thrilling 4x400m relay with a time of 3:50.67 with Lincoln Way East 2nd in 3:52.45.
- Foot Locker finalist Hannah Oneda (Winters Mill) won the 3200m run with a time of 10:52.01.
- Ronald Darby (Potomac) ran fast prelim times in the 100 (10.66) and 200 (21.25) meter dashes.
- Henry A. Wise won the boys 4x200m relay with a quick 1:26.25.
- Haley Pierce (Tatnall) won the 1600m run in a US#2 4:41.46 and then won the 3200m run in 10:24.80. Julie Macedo (Charter) was 2nd in 10:35.85.
- Reagan Anderson (Tatnall) won the 800m run in 2:09.85.
- Leshon Collins (Glasgow) won the 100 in a state record 10.60 and the 200m dash in 21.52.