For the first time in the 33-year history of Gatorade's National Player of the Year awards program, the organization is naming three finalists for each category.
Note: This will be first time Gatorade will name finalists in girls cross country since it began naming a Runner of the Year in the 2007-2008 season.
Gatorade has not released a definitive date for naming the eventual winner, but a spokesperson told MileSplit the organization is aiming to announce the winner sometime the week of Feb. 5-9.
That brings us to our nominees:
- 1st: NXN, 16:44.70 (course record)
- 1st: NXR New York, 17:01.00
- 1st: NY Federation Championships, 16:52.40 (course record)
- 1st: NYSPHSAA Championships, 17:51.40 (course record)
- 1st: Manhattan Invitational, 13:21.80, Class C race (course record, 4K)
- 1st: Grout Invitational, 14:06.88 (course record, 4.5K)
- 1st: Foot Locker Nationals, 17:03.40
- 1st: Foot Locker Regionals, 16:59.60 (course record)
- 1st: CIF Division 4 State Championship, 16:30.40 (course record)
- 1st: Mt. SAC XC Invitational, 15:49.00 (course record, 3-miles)
- 1st: Lake Casitas Twilight, 16:32.00 (course record, 3-miles)
- 2nd: Foot Locker Nationals, 17:22.50
- 4th: NXN, 17:41.60
- 2nd: Foot Locker Midwest Region, 17:17.10
- 1st: NXR Midwest, 17:28.60
- 1st: IHSA Class 3A Championship, 16:22.00 (3-mile)
- Undefeated in Illinois
- 16:08.70 PR at 3-miles