New Saucony professional runner Molly Seidel is joined by Meg Bellino to talk about transitioning from college, her recent professional success while she shows off one of her many talents, baking!
Apple Tarte Tatin
- 6-8 Braeburn Apples, or mix Granny apples & Honeycrisp apples
- 80g/6 tbsp salted butter, very soft
- 135g light brown sugar
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 10 tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 2-4 tbsp ice water
(if you are of the legal age to purchase alcohol, you can substitute this for vodka)
Double for top and bottom crust!
- Apple Prep (day in advance)
Slice bottoms for a flat base, then peel, quarter & remove cores. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Coat skillet bottom with butter and sugar
- Cut one apple piece into a disc and put in center ("button"), arrange in concentric circles
- Roll out dough, put on top
- Put skillet on stove (medium-high heat) until start to bubble, cook 'til carmelize
- Bake 45-50 minutes