Foot Locker + NXN???
12/08/2011 3:59:12 PM
User
How come runners that ran in the NXN championships this past weekend like futsum and craig nowak are now going to foot locker championships this weekend? the reason why edward chesereck didnt go to both was because of the regionals being on the same day. what are the rules regarding this? i am so confused .
How come runners that ran in the NXN championships this past weekend like futsum and craig nowak are now going to foot locker championships this weekend? the reason why edward chesereck didnt go to both was because of the regionals being on the same day. what are the rules regarding this? i am so confused .
12/09/2011 3:17:11 PM
User
NXN and Footlocker regionals are not all run on the same date, so there may be opportunity for a given athlete to run both if their designated NXN and Footlocker Regionals do not fall on the same day. Also keep in mind that there are more NXN Regionals (I believe 8) compared to Footlocker (only 4), so obviously there is no specific geographical unity between NXN and Footlocker regions. For example, the NXN South Regional contains only AR, LA, OK, TX and MS and was run on 11/19. The Footlocker South Regional contains all of these states and about 10 others, including NC, and was run a week later on 11/26. NC is in the NXN SE Region, and that regional was held on the same day as Footlocker South. So an athlete from TX could participate in both, but an athlete from NC would have to choose between the two.
NXN and Footlocker regionals are not all run on the same date, so there may be opportunity for a given athlete to run both if their designated NXN and Footlocker Regionals do not fall on the same day. Also keep in mind that there are more NXN Regionals (I believe 8) compared to Footlocker (only 4), so obviously there is no specific geographical unity between NXN and Footlocker regions. For example, the NXN South Regional contains only AR, LA, OK, TX and MS and was run on 11/19. The Footlocker South Regional contains all of these states and about 10 others, including NC, and was run a week later on 11/26. NC is in the NXN SE Region, and that regional was held on the same day as Footlocker South. So an athlete from TX could participate in both, but an athlete from NC would have to choose between the two.
12/18/2011 10:56:40 PM
User
Okay I was going to ask why they have not fixed this as well. I read that for the west region, that has a conflict, footlocker takes the top 2 qualifiers from the west region at NXN and allows them to enter FL Nationals. Why cant they do this for other regions with conflicts as well? Either take the top 2 from the regional qualifier of NXN and let them enter Footlocker, or take the top 2 at NXN nationals for that region and let them run at FL. They do it for the west, why only for the west? Footlocker will never be the top championship if they exclude some of the athletes from some regions who are loyal to their teams and cannot do both. They need to let athletes cross-qualify from NXN into footlocker in these limited instances to be fair to all and truly have a real qualifier. Many guys like Cheserek will not have a great team behind them so it didnt matter to him. Easy choice to choose FL and run individually. It matters a lot to guys who are national caliber themselves AND have a national caliber team. Examples would be Elliot Clemente, Adam Visokay and Mike Crozier of the southeast region, all of whom has a great likelihood of qualifiying from FL south but they chose to stay loyal to their teams and lead them at NXN regionals instead. Paid off for Clemente whose team qualified. Visokay's team was 4th with a bad day from the #5 but were definite contenders. Same with Crozier's Gonzaga College prep. But still, it penalized all the top southeast guys who have great teams and had to miss FL which would be better for them persona;lly in order to lead their teams at NXN. Why would FL want to penalize the national caliber guys who are such team players? They accomodate the west by taking the top 2 from NXN in the west region to FL. They should do it for all the conflicts. Be fair!
Okay I was going to ask why they have not fixed this as well.

I read that for the west region, that has a conflict, footlocker takes the top 2 qualifiers from the west region at NXN and allows them to enter FL Nationals. Why cant they do this for other regions with conflicts as well? Either take the top 2 from the regional qualifier of NXN and let them enter Footlocker, or take the top 2 at NXN nationals for that region and let them run at FL. They do it for the west, why only for the west? Footlocker will never be the top championship if they exclude some of the athletes from some regions who are loyal to their teams and cannot do both. They need to let athletes cross-qualify from NXN into footlocker in these limited instances to be fair to all and truly have a real qualifier.

Many guys like Cheserek will not have a great team behind them so it didnt matter to him. Easy choice to choose FL and run individually. It matters a lot to guys who are national caliber themselves AND have a national caliber team. Examples would be Elliot Clemente, Adam Visokay and Mike Crozier of the southeast region, all of whom has a great likelihood of qualifiying from FL south but they chose to stay loyal to their teams and lead them at NXN regionals instead. Paid off for Clemente whose team qualified. Visokay's team was 4th with a bad day from the #5 but were definite contenders. Same with Crozier's Gonzaga College prep.

But still, it penalized all the top southeast guys who have great teams and had to miss FL which would be better for them persona;lly in order to lead their teams at NXN. Why would FL want to penalize the national caliber guys who are such team players? They accomodate the west by taking the top 2 from NXN in the west region to FL. They should do it for all the conflicts. Be fair!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.