ASIC Alexander Course Map
10/05/2011 10:22:30 AM
User
Anyone have a link to a course map for ASIC Alexander?
Anyone have a link to a course map for ASIC Alexander?
10/05/2011 10:48:49 AM
Power User
@xcfan25 Look at an aerial view of any high school track, and then imagine it a lot bigger and then running around it twice, and that's pretty much your course map. Topographically it's exactly the same.
@xcfan25 Look at an aerial view of any high school track, and then imagine it a lot bigger and then running around it twice, and that's pretty much your course map. Topographically it's exactly the same.
10/05/2011 10:55:10 AM
User
@Pre1962 Interesting... Trying to get a feel for how best to view the race. Stand in the middle and watch them go around and around?
@Pre1962
Interesting...

Trying to get a feel for how best to view the race. Stand in the middle and watch them go around and around?
10/05/2011 11:03:31 AM
Power User
@xcfan25 That's pretty much the strategy....it's one huge open field with no trees in the way. Bring a pair of binoculars and you can see the entire race.
@xcfan25 That's pretty much the strategy....it's one huge open field with no trees in the way. Bring a pair of binoculars and you can see the entire race.
10/05/2011 11:05:57 AM
User
@Pre1962 Thanks!!
@Pre1962

Thanks!!
10/05/2011 11:14:21 AM
User
@xcfan25 If you walk quickly, you can go back and forth across the middle of the field and see the runners up close and personal four times.
@xcfan25

If you walk quickly, you can go back and forth across the middle of the field and see the runners up close and personal four times.
10/05/2011 11:16:19 AM
User
@dataholic So, middle of the field, bring binoculars, walk quickly. Got it!!!
@dataholic

So, middle of the field, bring binoculars, walk quickly. Got it!!!
10/05/2011 1:27:24 PM
User
[url=http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1058852]Asics Invitational - McIntosh Nature Reserve[/url]
10/05/2011 2:56:06 PM
User
The course is completely flat, you make left hand turns. Thats all this course is. Oh the course is grass, it has been awhile since I have been over there so the grass could of died away.
The course is completely flat, you make left hand turns. Thats all this course is. Oh the course is grass, it has been awhile since I have been over there so the grass could of died away.
10/05/2011 3:15:20 PM
User
Here is a link to a map of the course [url=http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1058852]Asics Invitational - McIntosh Nature Reserve[/url] You can click on map options to get a satellite map. There is also a button on the right to go full screen. Full screen map options include topo.
Here is a link to a map of the course
Asics Invitational - McIntosh Nature Reserve
You can click on map options to get a satellite map. There is also a button on the right to go full screen. Full screen map options include topo.
10/05/2011 6:42:58 PM
Power User
@jim62 Amazing how the topo on the map makes the course look rugged until you look at the numbers and see it has only 20' of change. Why is there that extra loop added on?
@jim62

Amazing how the topo on the map makes the course look rugged until you look at the numbers and see it has only 20' of change.

Why is there that extra loop added on?
10/05/2011 8:14:48 PM
User
Agreed, at first glance the elevation chart on the summary tab makes this course look rugged, until you look at the scale on the chart. That 108’ elevation gain is across the entire two loops. Very flat. Not sure what you meant by that extra loop unless it is the triangle near the start / finish (visible when you zoom in) which might be just a scribble to be ignored considering it is so small. I am a first-timer to this course this coming weekend--just found the course map when l went looking a while back and verified it with our coaches.
Agreed, at first glance the elevation chart on the summary tab makes this course look rugged, until you look at the scale on the chart. That 108' elevation gain is across the entire two loops. Very flat. Not sure what you meant by that extra loop unless it is the triangle near the start / finish (visible when you zoom in) which might be just a scribble to be ignored considering it is so small. I am a first-timer to this course this coming weekend--just found the course map when l went looking a while back and verified it with our coaches.
10/05/2011 8:47:56 PM
User
[quote=jim62]Here is a link to a map of the course Asics Invitational - McIntosh Nature Reserve You can click on map options to get a satellite map. There is also a button on the right to go full screen. Full screen map options include topo.[/quote] @jim62 Thanks jim62. This is great!!!
jim62 wrote:
Here is a link to a map of the course
Asics Invitational - McIntosh Nature Reserve
You can click on map options to get a satellite map. There is also a button on the right to go full screen. Full screen map options include topo.

@jim62

Thanks jim62. This is great!!!
10/05/2011 8:57:35 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
We should all start lobbying Robinson to host another night race there. Between the fog rolling in, the tiki torches and the campfires along the river, that was really cool night of racing.
We should all start lobbying Robinson to host another night race there. Between the fog rolling in, the tiki torches and the campfires along the river, that was really cool night of racing.
10/05/2011 9:22:06 PM
Power User
That night race was awesome! I was at Berkmar at the time and I remember watching the duel between Turnbull and Winston I think (Marist and Parkview). You could see where they were as they popped in and out of the lights. What a fun event. I remember walking up the hill to the parking lot in the dark thinking this was an event that would probably never get repeated. *I was referring to that triangle. Pretty strange that it is included but probably just an extra scribble. (I posted under the wrong thread by accident)
That night race was awesome! I was at Berkmar at the time and I remember watching the duel between Turnbull and Winston I think (Marist and Parkview). You could see where they were as they popped in and out of the lights. What a fun event. I remember walking up the hill to the parking lot in the dark thinking this was an event that would probably never get repeated.

*I was referring to that triangle. Pretty strange that it is included but probably just an extra scribble.

(I posted under the wrong thread by accident)
10/05/2011 9:27:44 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
If I recall correctly the path was about 10m wide, Winston and Turnbull decided to run side by side and elbow to elbow for 3 miles. This was also the first Emily vs Emily race. Reece won that night.
If I recall correctly the path was about 10m wide, Winston and Turnbull decided to run side by side and elbow to elbow for 3 miles.

This was also the first Emily vs Emily race. Reece won that night.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.