How to take a relay split???
03/11/2008 4:04:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I would like to know at what point in a race do you click your watch to get an athletes relay split such as 4x4. I ask because I've been hearing different scenarios. I have my answer but I would like read your response.
I would like to know at what point in a race do you click your watch to get an athletes relay split such as 4x4. I ask because I've been hearing different scenarios. I have my answer but I would like read your response.
03/11/2008 5:29:35 PM
User
THE TIME IS FROM WHEN THE [b]baton[/b] CROSSES THE[size=150%][b] middle of the zone[/b][/size].
THE TIME IS FROM WHEN THE baton CROSSES THE middle of the zone.
03/11/2008 6:58:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Ditto - take the split when the baton crosses the middle of the zone no matter which runner is carrying it.
Ditto - take the split when the baton crosses the middle of the zone no matter which runner is carrying it.
03/12/2008 1:52:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Agreed!!!! You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone. Sometime it is unfair if a runner coming in slows down dramatically or if you are running leadoff without the benefit of a running start. It gets even trickier especially outdoors when attempting to get 4 x 200, smr or (heaven forbid 4 x 100 splits) Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight.
Agreed!!!! You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone.
Sometime it is unfair if a runner coming in slows down dramatically or if you are
running leadoff without the benefit of a running start. It gets even trickier especially outdoors
when attempting to get 4 x 200, smr or (heaven forbid 4 x 100 splits)
Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight.
03/12/2008 1:55:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone. Sometime it is unfair if a runner coming in slows down dramatically or if you are running leadoff without the benefit of a running start. It gets even trickier especially outdoors when attempting to get 4 x 200, smr or (heaven forbid 4 x 100 splits) Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight
You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone.
Sometime it is unfair if a runner coming in slows down dramatically or if you are
running leadoff without the benefit of a running start. It gets even trickier especially outdoors
Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight
03/12/2008 1:57:07 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone. Sometime it is unfair if a runner coming in slows down dramatically or if you are running leadoff without the benefit of a running start. It gets even trickier especially outdoors when attempting to get 4 x 200, smr or (heaven forbid 4 x 100 splits) Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight
You are actually timing the baton as it crosses the middle of the zone.
Those involve spotters or incredible eyesight
03/12/2008 7:52:09 AM
User
My Coaches always take the splits when the baton crosses the start/finish line.
My Coaches always take the splits when the baton crosses the start/finish line.
03/12/2008 10:57:00 AM
User
Is middle of the exchange zone the same as the start/finish line? I was always told it's when the baton crosses the start/finish line.
Is middle of the exchange zone the same as the start/finish line?
I was always told it's when the baton crosses the start/finish line.
03/12/2008 2:42:46 PM
Coach
it depends on how many staggers the race is... if it's a dual meet, more than likely it's not a 3 turn stagger, which means the middle of the zone is the start/finish line -- if it is a 3 turn stagger, then it's going to be past the start/finish for all lanes except 1
it depends on how many staggers the race is... if it's a dual meet, more than likely it's not a 3 turn stagger, which means the middle of the zone is the start/finish line -- if it is a 3 turn stagger, then it's going to be past the start/finish for all lanes except 1
03/12/2008 4:03:51 PM
User
Other than the 4X100mr,which is basically impossible,the 4X400MR when a 3 turn stagger is used can be difficult. Time when the baton crosses the middle line of the zone which is not always the start finish line depending on the length of the relay. Many incorrectly time when the baton is exchanged or at the start finish line when it is inappropriate.
Other than the 4X100mr,which is basically impossible,the 4X400MR when a 3 turn stagger is used can be difficult. Time when the baton crosses the middle line of the zone which is not always the start finish line depending on the length of the relay. Many incorrectly time when the baton is exchanged or at the start finish line when it is inappropriate.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.