Forest Park
02/11/2008 4:58:33 PM
User
I live in Northern Virginia and while Forest Park is not in the Northern Region I was able to watch them a few times last year. They have 2 of the 4 back that won 4x8 indoor and outdoor states last year and in my opinion they are the 2 best legs on the relay. Zach Williams won the region last year in the 1000 and i have not heard his name mentioned all year. Daniel Crossen was fourth in he region 800 a year ago and i have not heard of any results from him either. According to his PR's he appears to be a pretty quick 500 runner as well. They also had 2 runners in the 3200 at states so i would think they would be the easy fill for the departed 2 legs. I dont think they would break 750 but i thought theywould give Edsion a run for their money. The best time from Forest Park this season is 835. I dont know who was on that relay but 835 is not the way a defending state champion should be running. I was wondering if anyone had any insite to why Forest Park is struggling.
I live in Northern Virginia and while Forest Park is not in the Northern Region I was able to watch them a few times last year. They have 2 of the 4 back that won 4x8 indoor and outdoor states last year and in my opinion they are the 2 best legs on the relay. Zach Williams won the region last year in the 1000 and i have not heard his name mentioned all year. Daniel Crossen was fourth in he region 800 a year ago and i have not heard of any results from him either. According to his PR's he appears to be a pretty quick 500 runner as well. They also had 2 runners in the 3200 at states so i would think they would be the easy fill for the departed 2 legs. I dont think they would break 750 but i thought theywould give Edsion a run for their money. The best time from Forest Park this season is 835. I dont know who was on that relay but 835 is not the way a defending state champion should be running. I was wondering if anyone had any insite to why Forest Park is struggling.
02/11/2008 8:03:05 PM
User
Sadly, Daniel Crosson is no longer with the team. Zack Williams is the only remaining member of the 2 time State Champion and All-American 4x800 team from a year ago. Unfortunately, many things have added up to hinder their success in the 4x800. Basically, you most likely won't see them winning states this year, let alone breaking the 8 minute barrier.
Sadly, Daniel Crosson is no longer with the team. Zack Williams is the only remaining member of the 2 time State Champion and All-American 4x800 team from a year ago. Unfortunately, many things have added up to hinder their success in the 4x800. Basically, you most likely won't see them winning states this year, let alone breaking the 8 minute barrier.
02/11/2008 9:39:03 PM
User
I was told today that the coach from last year has left the school. I know that prince william county is a talent rich area does anyone know who the new coach is?
I was told today that the coach from last year has left the school. I know that prince william county is a talent rich area does anyone know who the new coach is?
02/11/2008 11:23:28 PM
User
Coach Rock was replaced by Coach Tramel who came over from Hylton High School.
Coach Rock was replaced by Coach Tramel who came over from Hylton High School.
02/12/2008 3:50:05 PM
User
[quote=runninguy32]Sadly, Daniel Crosson is no longer with the team. Zack Williams is the only remaining member of the 2 time State Champion and All-American 4x800 team from a year ago. Unfortunately, many things have added up to hinder their success in the 4x800. Basically, you most likely won't see them winning states this year, let alone breaking the 8 minute barrier.[/quote] Track had pretty much totally consumed the last 3 years of HS, especially last year with all the work involved with winning states. I just began to burn out. Coming into the indoor season i knew i didnt have the same heart for it. Outdoor is still a possibility but looks unlikely.
runninguy32 wrote:

Track had pretty much totally consumed the last 3 years of HS, especially last year with all the work involved with winning states. I just began to burn out. Coming into the indoor season i knew i didnt have the same heart for it. Outdoor is still a possibility but looks unlikely.
02/20/2008 11:01:32 AM
User
Actually one of the guys (Ryan Shea) they needed to replace ran a 1:56 so if there was no way they were going to dip under 8 again this year.
Actually one of the guys (Ryan Shea) they needed to replace ran a 1:56 so if there was no way they were going to dip under 8 again this year.
02/22/2008 7:43:04 PM
User
Well Crosson ran 1:56 as well. And Williams ran 1:54. Sub 8 would still be possible. maybe
Well Crosson ran 1:56 as well. And Williams ran 1:54. Sub 8 would still be possible. maybe
02/22/2008 8:38:48 PM
Coach
:-? If you don't mind me asking, what happen to Coach Rock?
If you don't mind me asking, what happen to Coach Rock?
02/25/2008 10:00:06 PM
Coach
Any idea what happen to Coach Rock (Forest Park). Did he get a better teaching/coaching job somewhere else. I remember him at Blueridge Running Camp.
Any idea what happen to Coach Rock (Forest Park). Did he get a better teaching/coaching job somewhere else. I remember him at Blueridge Running Camp.
02/25/2008 10:15:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I did see Coach Rock at W-L's track on a Wednesday night last August running intervals with a group of guys. I was trying to remember where I knew him from and it came to me later (Blue Ridge). I was surprised to see him up in Arlington when I realized he coached at Forest Park.
I did see Coach Rock at W-L's track on a Wednesday night last August running intervals with a group of guys. I was trying to remember where I knew him from and it came to me later (Blue Ridge).

I was surprised to see him up in Arlington when I realized he coached at Forest Park.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.