CREATINE!!!!!!
01/24/2008 12:34:43 PM
User
Does creatine help in track and field, for a sprinter, thrower, jumper.? Who takes it?
Does creatine help in track and field, for a sprinter, thrower, jumper.? Who takes it?
01/24/2008 12:59:28 PM
Coach
Creatine is a performance-enhancing drug that I believe is banned by the IOC, which means professional athletes that compete in the Olympics are not allowed to take it. I know in some states it is legal and athletes use it, but it is a substance that is labeled a performance enhancer and many states currently outlaw the use of it.
Creatine is a performance-enhancing drug that I believe is banned by the IOC, which means professional athletes that compete in the Olympics are not allowed to take it. I know in some states it is legal and athletes use it, but it is a substance that is labeled a performance enhancer and many states currently outlaw the use of it.
01/25/2008 8:41:11 AM
Coach
the ban must be something new. When did it go in place? I know creatine is pretty commonly used.
the ban must be something new. When did it go in place? I know creatine is pretty commonly used.
01/27/2008 1:09:18 PM
User
I doubt you can name one state that bans the use of creatine..seriously. Creatine is a performance enhancer to some extent but is not banned by the IOC or the NCAA. Did you just pull that info out of a hat? As for its application in track I believe you can find articles on the benefits for most athletes pretty easily online.
I doubt you can name one state that bans the use of creatine..seriously. Creatine is a performance enhancer to some extent but is not banned by the IOC or the NCAA. Did you just pull that info out of a hat? As for its application in track I believe you can find articles on the benefits for most athletes pretty easily online.
01/30/2008 5:27:40 PM
User
The use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport. Creatine monohydrate is considered on the same level as other supplements such as protein, amino acids, and nitric oxide, it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body, and the amount in your body can be increased by the consumption of red meat. However it is NOT a great idea to use creatine in track, unless your are a thrower. Creatine causes your body to retain water and your muscles to swell, that is why it used by body builders, and power lifters, this water retainment causes you to feel heavy and gives you a "slosh" effect while running. The only reason there is even a performance enhancement is because of the sugars and other additives added to the creatin monohydrate. I hope this helps...
The use of creatine is not banned in track and field on any level of the sport. Creatine monohydrate is considered on the same level as other supplements such as protein, amino acids, and nitric oxide, it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body, and the amount in your body can be increased by the consumption of red meat. However it is NOT a great idea to use creatine in track, unless your are a thrower. Creatine causes your body to retain water and your muscles to swell, that is why it used by body builders, and power lifters, this water retainment causes you to feel heavy and gives you a "slosh" effect while running. The only reason there is even a performance enhancement is because of the sugars and other additives added to the creatin monohydrate. I hope this helps...
01/30/2008 9:02:49 PM
User
"it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body" what about testosterone? isn't that what floyd landis was banned for using, that's produced naturally in the body...but other than that, yeah, it wouldn't be good for any runner, and if you get nauseated easily, i wouldn't use it if i was a discuss guy, stuff sloshing around while you're spinning doesn't sound like a good combo to me
"it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body"

what about testosterone? isn't that what floyd landis was banned for using, that's produced naturally in the body...but other than that, yeah, it wouldn't be good for any runner, and if you get nauseated easily, i wouldn't use it if i was a discuss guy, stuff sloshing around while you're spinning doesn't sound like a good combo to me
01/30/2008 10:15:03 PM
User
see link below from UIL http://www.aledo.k12.tx.us/aisdweb/PDF/steroid_agreement.pdf
see link below from UIL

http://www.aledo.k12.tx.us/aisdweb/PDF/steroid_agreement.pdf
01/31/2008 12:27:09 AM
User
[quote=freshmanpre]"it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body" what about testosterone? isn't that what floyd landis was banned for using, that's produced naturally in the body...but other than that, yeah, it wouldn't be good for any runner, and if you get nauseated easily, i wouldn't use it if i was a discuss guy, stuff sloshing around while you're spinning doesn't sound like a good combo to me[/quote] synthetic testosterone and creatine are two totally different things. one is banned for a reason, the other isnt, also for a reason. i dont know why youre acting like creatine is going to make you throw up, have you ever had it before? ive never had any problems. just give yourself time to digest it before you work out, as you would do with any food or beverage you consume before a workout, no big deal.
freshmanpre wrote:
"it would be impossible to ban this supplement from use in sports because it is produced naturally from the body"

what about testosterone? isn't that what floyd landis was banned for using, that's produced naturally in the body...but other than that, yeah, it wouldn't be good for any runner, and if you get nauseated easily, i wouldn't use it if i was a discuss guy, stuff sloshing around while you're spinning doesn't sound like a good combo to me

synthetic testosterone and creatine are two totally different things. one is banned for a reason, the other isnt, also for a reason.

i dont know why youre acting like creatine is going to make you throw up, have you ever had it before? ive never had any problems. just give yourself time to digest it before you work out, as you would do with any food or beverage you consume before a workout, no big deal.
01/31/2008 7:51:55 PM
User
Dos it help tho
Dos it help tho
02/01/2008 3:22:18 PM
User
Creatine is fine if u r a sprinter it'll help u build a little more muscle if u run distance it does nothing for u but i would only recommend it in the off-season
Creatine is fine if u r a sprinter it'll help u build a little more muscle
if u run distance it does nothing for u
but i would only recommend it in the off-season
02/02/2008 12:06:49 AM
User
Y the off season, n how exactly does it help a sprinter anyone kno
Y the off season, n how exactly does it help a sprinter anyone kno
02/02/2008 1:27:09 AM
User
More power, more speed...usually.
More power, more speed...usually.
02/05/2008 9:43:37 PM
User
Thanks people i appreciate it
Thanks people i appreciate it
02/18/2008 1:14:00 PM
User
Creatine is not illegel and helps out a lot...If u consider taking it make sure u drink lots of water or you will receive cramps and muscle fatigue...the only way u will see a gain is if u take it and eat right and actually do workouts and stuff that benefits u i have take creatine for 2 years now along with other products and ive seen big gains in stamina and strength
Creatine is not illegel and helps out a lot...If u consider taking it make sure u drink lots of water or you will receive cramps and muscle fatigue...the only way u will see a gain is if u take it and eat right and actually do workouts and stuff that benefits u
i have take creatine for 2 years now along with other products and ive seen big gains in stamina and strength
02/18/2008 1:14:08 PM
User
Creatine is not illegel and helps out a lot...If u consider taking it make sure u drink lots of water or you will receive cramps and muscle fatigue...the only way u will see a gain is if u take it and eat right and actually do workouts and stuff that benefits u i have take creatine for 2 years now along with other products and ive seen big gains in stamina and strength
Creatine is not illegel and helps out a lot...If u consider taking it make sure u drink lots of water or you will receive cramps and muscle fatigue...the only way u will see a gain is if u take it and eat right and actually do workouts and stuff that benefits u
i have take creatine for 2 years now along with other products and ive seen big gains in stamina and strength
03/02/2008 9:06:40 PM
User
i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now
i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now
03/03/2008 4:04:54 PM
User
[quote=DAjav08]i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now[/quote] All creatine poses a risk for dehydration if you dont drink adequate water. The difference (though this hasnt been clinically proven) is that the Mono causes creatine bloat and the Kre-alkalyne doesnt have such effects. Regardless of wether or not it causes bloat it is still drawing alot of water from other parts of your body to aid in muscle recovery and growth. Thats how all creatine works. aka you still better be drinking alot of water.
DAjav08 wrote:

All creatine poses a risk for dehydration if you dont drink adequate water. The difference (though this hasnt been clinically proven) is that the Mono causes creatine bloat and the Kre-alkalyne doesnt have such effects. Regardless of wether or not it causes bloat it is still drawing alot of water from other parts of your body to aid in muscle recovery and growth. Thats how all creatine works. aka you still better be drinking alot of water.
03/04/2008 10:25:59 AM
User
[quote=Doombiscuit]DAjav08 said:i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now All creatine poses a risk for dehydration if you dont drink adequate water. The difference (though this hasnt been clinically proven) is that the Mono causes creatine bloat and the Kre-alkalyne doesnt have such effects. Regardless of wether or not it causes bloat it is still drawing alot of water from other parts of your body to aid in muscle recovery and growth. Thats how all creatine works. aka you still better be drinking alot of water.[/quote] you still need to drink water of course. what track athlete doesnt, but you only need to drink as much as monohydrate creatine. you only need to drink the normal amount everyday since it doesnt draw as much water.
Doombiscuit wrote:
Ajav08 said:i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now

All creatine poses a risk for dehydration if you dont drink adequate water. The difference (though this hasnt been clinically proven) is that the Mono causes creatine bloat and the Kre-alkalyne doesnt have such effects. Regardless of wether or not it causes bloat it is still drawing alot of water from other parts of your body to aid in muscle recovery and growth. Thats how all creatine works. aka you still better be drinking alot of water.

you still need to drink water of course. what track athlete doesnt, but you only need to drink as much as monohydrate creatine. you only need to drink the normal amount everyday since it doesnt draw as much water.
03/04/2008 6:27:25 PM
User
[quote=DAjav08]Doombiscuit said:DAjav08 said:i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now All creatine poses a risk for dehydration if you dont drink adequate water. The difference (though this hasnt been clinically proven) is that the Mono causes creatine bloat and the Kre-alkalyne doesnt have such effects. Regardless of wether or not it causes bloat it is still drawing alot of water from other parts of your body to aid in muscle recovery and growth. Thats how all creatine works. aka you still better be drinking alot of water. you still need to drink water of course. what track athlete doesnt, but you only need to drink as much as monohydrate creatine. you only need to drink the normal amount everyday since it doesnt draw as much water. [/quote] I think you are missing my point. Drawing water and water retention are two totally different things. ALL creatine draws water from other parts of your body to feed more nutrients to your repairing muscles. Water retention is water left in the muscles after the healing process, that is not needed. The same amounts of water are still being drawn, some of it is just not leaving the muscle. The difference between the two is that supposedly the Kre-alkalyne leaves less of the water behind then regular Mono. Regardless of wether or not this is true (like i said this isnt clinically proven, a supplement company can claim basically anything it wants and almost none are FDA approved), you should be drinking more then "the normal amount" and definitly be drinking extra anyway if you are a track runner.
DAjav08 wrote:
oombiscuit said:DAjav08 said:i am a javelin thrower, but also throw shot and discus, vault, and run hurdles and relays. i have taken the creatine Kre-alkalyne in the past off season and it did help my strength and power. kre-alkalyne does not add "water weight" to your muscles so therefore it will not dehydrate you like a monohydrate creatine would. its the safest creatine on the market right now

you still need to drink water of course. what track athlete doesnt, but you only need to drink as much as monohydrate creatine. you only need to drink the normal amount everyday since it doesnt draw as much water.

I think you are missing my point. Drawing water and water retention are two totally different things. ALL creatine draws water from other parts of your body to feed more nutrients to your repairing muscles. Water retention is water left in the muscles after the healing process, that is not needed. The same amounts of water are still being drawn, some of it is just not leaving the muscle. The difference between the two is that supposedly the Kre-alkalyne leaves less of the water behind then regular Mono. Regardless of wether or not this is true (like i said this isnt clinically proven, a supplement company can claim basically anything it wants and almost none are FDA approved), you should be drinking more then "the normal amount" and definitly be drinking extra anyway if you are a track runner.
03/04/2008 6:30:43 PM
User
And personally as far as creatine goes i reccommend Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE product) I have used CEE and have never experienced bloating or upset stomach like creatine mono causes. A good product to check out would be BSN Cellmass, worked VERY well for me I have made serious gains in strength and muscular endurance since taking it. Bit pricey at the stores but you can find good deals online. try a site like massnutrition.com its about 30-50% cheaper then at the GNC.
And personally as far as creatine goes i reccommend Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE product)
I have used CEE and have never experienced bloating or upset stomach like creatine mono causes. A good product to check out would be BSN Cellmass, worked VERY well for me I have made serious gains in strength and muscular endurance since taking it. Bit pricey at the stores but you can find good deals online. try a site like massnutrition.com its about 30-50% cheaper then at the GNC.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.