VA Runners meet
03/29/2007 10:04:16 PM
User
As the outdoor season really starts to get going, who is coming out on Saturday to the meet? Every event looks pretty strong, with a huge field in the 1600 of 70+ runners. What should I be expecting? Huge matchup between Arnold/Porter/Melius that has huge state championship implications as each runner looks to go sub 4:20 here. Any predicted times, just check out the performance list to get some ideas.
As the outdoor season really starts to get going, who is coming out on Saturday to the meet? Every event looks pretty strong, with a huge field in the 1600 of 70+ runners. What should I be expecting? Huge matchup between Arnold/Porter/Melius that has huge state championship implications as each runner looks to go sub 4:20 here. Any predicted times, just check out the performance list to get some ideas.
03/29/2007 10:34:39 PM
User
I dont think that any of them will go under 4:20, and if any of them would, as much as i doubt it, it would be Blake. Not to say he doesnt have the ability, just that I dont think he will this race. I doubt this will be THAT huge of a matchup, all Blake really would need to do is outkick anyone near him, which im pretty sure wouldnt be a problem for him.
I dont think that any of them will go under 4:20, and if any of them would, as much as i doubt it, it would be Blake. Not to say he doesnt have the ability, just that I dont think he will this race. I doubt this will be THAT huge of a matchup, all Blake really would need to do is outkick anyone near him, which im pretty sure wouldnt be a problem for him.
03/29/2007 10:40:38 PM
User
I think Arnold will take the win. He ran 4:21 last year and i think he will run about the same this year. I doubt Porter is in sub 4:20 shape right now as he always seems to start out slow then get in gear towards the championship season (Due to his coach, who is awesome). It seemed like Brentsville almost took the indoor season off as none of their runners did anything. I think Henken and Melius are going to have an outstanding outdoor season just based off of what they did in XC. To most of the elite runners meets like this should only be used to show where they are so they can build on it throughout the season. So many runners want to run fast and run PR\'s in March and by the end of the season can\'t do crap because their dead. Be smart.
I think Arnold will take the win. He ran 4:21 last year and i think he will run about the same this year. I doubt Porter is in sub 4:20 shape right now as he always seems to start out slow then get in gear towards the championship season (Due to his coach, who is awesome). It seemed like Brentsville almost took the indoor season off as none of their runners did anything. I think Henken and Melius are going to have an outstanding outdoor season just based off of what they did in XC. To most of the elite runners meets like this should only be used to show where they are so they can build on it throughout the season. So many runners want to run fast and run PR\'s in March and by the end of the season can\'t do crap because their dead. Be smart.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.