New Class Release date?
05/06/2021 1:39:47 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I see that football has released its new classes any idea when other sports will be released?
I see that football has released its new classes any idea when other sports will be released?
05/06/2021 2:04:22 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@step1 Probably not until the deadline to say what sports each school will participate in. Which is soon though?
@step1
Probably not until the deadline to say what sports each school will participate in. Which is soon though?
05/12/2021 11:01:55 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 With extreme changes in public school enrollment in South Florida, this could be interesting... assuming schools report actual enrollment of kids who showed up wither in person or virtual. Could be big changes?
@raycer131

With extreme changes in public school enrollment in South Florida, this could be interesting... assuming schools report actual enrollment of kids who showed up wither in person or virtual. Could be big changes?
05/12/2021 11:11:36 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mbecker Yep, I have a strong feeling I will be making a debut appearance in 3a this fall. We were on the upper edge of 2a and I think our numbers this year will push us over. If so, I may have to do a couple years at a 4a school so I can hit all 4.
@mbecker Yep, I have a strong feeling I will be making a debut appearance in 3a this fall. We were on the upper edge of 2a and I think our numbers this year will push us over. If so, I may have to do a couple years at a 4a school so I can hit all 4.
05/12/2021 12:09:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=coachbutler]@mbecker Yep, I have a strong feeling I will be making a debut appearance in 3a this fall. We were on the upper edge of 2a and I think our numbers this year will push us over. If so, I may have to do a couple years at a 4a school so I can hit all 4. [/quote] I can only hope that comes with some sort of free sub or something. This is another topic maybe for another day, but I would love to see HS sports switch to a promotion/relegation system for classification rather than being based on school size.
coachbutler wrote:

I can only hope that comes with some sort of free sub or something.

This is another topic maybe for another day, but I would love to see HS sports switch to a promotion/relegation system for classification rather than being based on school size.
05/12/2021 12:14:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler and if you are truly lucky (unlucky) the FHSAA will combine you into a region with Northwestern and American Heritage. Urban Public school enrollments generally down... urban private school generally up in pandemic. Unsure what's up in rural Florida.
@coachbutler

and if you are truly lucky (unlucky) the FHSAA will combine you into a region with Northwestern and American Heritage.

Urban Public school enrollments generally down... urban private school generally up in pandemic. Unsure what's up in rural Florida.
05/12/2021 12:35:39 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler Based on the populations turned in you are either the biggest 2a school or smallest 3a school. Satellite is exactly at the cut off number from the last reclassification. So it all will depend on what the new dividing lines are. Here are the classes based on the last reclassification separating numbers... [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yKtKqmIlgA90pELhlB1kUUN6WLKXfP-EI3jU59Ul-Ps/edit?usp=sharing]2021 Possible Class Divides[/url]
@coachbutler

Based on the populations turned in you are either the biggest 2a school or smallest 3a school. Satellite is exactly at the cut off number from the last reclassification. So it all will depend on what the new dividing lines are.

Here are the classes based on the last reclassification separating numbers...
2021 Possible Class Divides
05/12/2021 12:48:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 wow, and Doug Butler said I had too much time on my hands when I did temperature checks with the new globe thermometer every hour during the month of June last year! One thing you forgot to do was double the population of single-gender schools like Belen Jesuit and Our Lady of Lourdes for classification purposes. thanks for doing this!
@raycer131

wow, and Doug Butler said I had too much time on my hands when I did temperature checks with the new globe thermometer every hour during the month of June last year!

One thing you forgot to do was double the population of single-gender schools like Belen Jesuit and Our Lady of Lourdes for classification purposes.

thanks for doing this!
05/12/2021 12:50:02 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@RayRodriguez nope thats in there for the ones it moved... look at belen colored blue but in the 3a position it fits... nice try... i did it right... though it is only boys since it came from the Football Population numbers (unless there is a girls Football team I am unaware of)
@RayRodriguez
nope thats in there for the ones it moved... look at belen colored blue but in the 3a position it fits... nice try... i did it right...
though it is only boys since it came from the Football Population numbers (unless there is a girls Football team I am unaware of)
05/12/2021 1:01:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 I stand somewhat corrected. But OLOL has a population of girls only, so the 987 should be doubled. And my school (Holy Names) is also girls only...so 472 gets doubled to 944. Looks like we have a football team I didn't know about. I'm not going to look at any other ones at this point.
@raycer131

I stand somewhat corrected. But OLOL has a population of girls only, so the 987 should be doubled. And my school (Holy Names) is also girls only...so 472 gets doubled to 944.

Looks like we have a football team I didn't know about.

I'm not going to look at any other ones at this point.
05/12/2021 1:02:59 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@RayRodriguez yea girls only schools did not report for football... i assume its somewhere on the website but figured this was good... Thanks for the nod, I did this a few weeks ago and figured I would share.
@RayRodriguez
yea girls only schools did not report for football... i assume its somewhere on the website but figured this was good... Thanks for the nod, I did this a few weeks ago and figured I would share.
05/12/2021 1:06:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 This is the report I've been looking at: [url=https://fhsaa.com/sports/2020/6/23/enrollmentandparticipationnumbers.aspx]https://fhsaa.com/sports/2020/6/23/enrollmentandparticipationnumbers.aspx[/url] The ones with an "*" are single gender, which is also found on your spreadsheet.
@raycer131

This is the report I've been looking at:

https://fhsaa.com/sports/2020/6/23/enrollmentandparticipationnumbers.aspx

The ones with an "*" are single gender, which is also found on your spreadsheet.
05/12/2021 1:15:59 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@RayRodriguez OK It is fixed boys and girls [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yKtKqmIlgA90pELhlB1kUUN6WLKXfP-EI3jU59Ul-Ps/edit?usp=sharing]2021 Possible Reclassifications[/url]
@RayRodriguez

OK It is fixed boys and girls

2021 Possible Reclassifications
05/12/2021 1:17:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Emailed Alex Monday asking when new classification for xc would be out, as well as when planning meetings would be. Haven’t heard back yet Typically we have had planning meetings in May the last several years. I talked to another coach who said they heard new classification would be out in June. Declaration forms for 2021-22 school year should be out soon
Emailed Alex Monday asking when new classification for xc would be out, as well as when planning meetings would be. Haven't heard back yet

Typically we have had planning meetings in May the last several years. I talked to another coach who said they heard new classification would be out in June. Declaration forms for 2021-22 school year should be out soon
05/12/2021 1:29:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 Looks awesome. Thanks again for doing all that leg work. Now, the correct procedure would be to split the 700+ schools into the 4 groups, each with an equal number of schools, correct?
@raycer131

Looks awesome. Thanks again for doing all that leg work.

Now, the correct procedure would be to split the 700+ schools into the 4 groups, each with an equal number of schools, correct?
05/12/2021 1:38:42 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@RayRodriguez Almost... pretty close to even... i think last time it was like 200 in 1a, 161 in 2a, 160 in 3a, and 150 in 4a... something like that... so if you do that with what I have listed there are 704 teams so 176 in each classification... I will put the exact divide number on the right of the cut off and you can compare it to last time. FYI- All Classifications have been removed from FHSAA site currently... [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yKtKqmIlgA90pELhlB1kUUN6WLKXfP-EI3jU59Ul-Ps/edit?usp=sharing]2021 Possible Reclassifications[/url]
@RayRodriguez

Almost... pretty close to even... i think last time it was like 200 in 1a, 161 in 2a, 160 in 3a, and 150 in 4a... something like that... so if you do that with what I have listed there are 704 teams so 176 in each classification... I will put the exact divide number on the right of the cut off and you can compare it to last time.

FYI- All Classifications have been removed from FHSAA site currently...

2021 Possible Reclassifications
05/12/2021 3:44:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
New update per Alex- assignments should be released within next two weeks, but depends how fast schools get state series commitments in. Planning meetings likely end of August/beginning of September
New update per Alex- assignments should be released within next two weeks, but depends how fast schools get state series commitments in. Planning meetings likely end of August/beginning of September
05/12/2021 6:33:08 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Aholmes80 And the election?
@Aholmes80

And the election?
05/12/2021 6:36:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@raycer131 I’m sure you have it in the bag
@raycer131

I'm sure you have it in the bag