2A- 4x400 Advancers
05/03/2021 12:09:29 PM
Coach
I will start off by saying my team didn't make it BUT the last 2 teams advancing in the 2A 4x400 shouldn't be there. So coaches please do your due diligence and verify your times compared to who made it. There are some kids who will be very disappointed that deserve to be there.
I will start off by saying my team didn't make it BUT the last 2 teams advancing in the 2A 4x400 shouldn't be there. So coaches please do your due diligence and verify your times compared to who made it. There are some kids who will be very disappointed that deserve to be there.
05/03/2021 12:18:05 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@srun123 Is it because possibly the last two spots won their region? I thought one of my hurdlers qualified as an at-large, as he had one of the top 16 times, but he got left out because the 15th and 16th spots won their region with slower times. Region champions automatically get a spot at the state meet. I have mixed feelings. Part of me thinks a region champion should move on regardless of how slow the time was. The other part of me thinks it's like a 7-9 NFL team making the playoffs and hosting a game because they won their division :(
@srun123

Is it because possibly the last two spots won their region? I thought one of my hurdlers qualified as an at-large, as he had one of the top 16 times, but he got left out because the 15th and 16th spots won their region with slower times. Region champions automatically get a spot at the state meet. I have mixed feelings. Part of me thinks a region champion should move on regardless of how slow the time was. The other part of me thinks it's like a 7-9 NFL team making the playoffs and hosting a game because they won their division :(
05/03/2021 12:20:29 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Aholmes80 I just checked they were not an Auto Qualifier. the top 8 teams in Region 1 are faster than their time plus 2 teams in their own region besides the auto???? Not sure whats going on there? Makes me double check every time now
@Aholmes80
I just checked they were not an Auto Qualifier. the top 8 teams in Region 1 are faster than their time plus 2 teams in their own region besides the auto???? Not sure whats going on there? Makes me double check every time now
05/03/2021 12:23:03 PM
Coach
@raycer131 @aholmes8 I double checked before I posted. Just thought it was crazy for 'official' state but per the norm for this year. I counted 16 times post auto qualifiers that should be in front of those 2.
@raycer131

@aholmes8

I double checked before I posted. Just thought it was crazy for 'official' state but per the norm for this year. I counted 16 times post auto qualifiers that should be in front of those 2.
05/03/2021 12:24:09 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@srun123 Also may notice that they are #s 17 and 18 teams in the field so maybe a mis click as it is tp 16? they would be the 23rd ranked at large bid or worse
@srun123

Also may notice that they are #s 17 and 18 teams in the field so maybe a mis click as it is tp 16? they would be the 23rd ranked at large bid or worse
05/03/2021 12:27:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Gentlemen, Let me clarify. The last two teams advanced because of a major error on my part here in Region two. I was assisting the starter all day and after the start of the last race, without thinking I stepped onto the track to grab the blocks out of lane three. I walked right in front of the runner from Eustis and caused a collision which severely hampered Santa Fe and Eustis chances of advancing. As the region host, I petitioned the state to advance those tow teams since UNF has nine lanes and 18 teams could run. It was a long day and I was very exhausted and just didn't pay attention. Coach Butler
Gentlemen, Let me clarify. The last two teams advanced because of a major error on my part here in Region two. I was assisting the starter all day and after the start of the last race, without thinking I stepped onto the track to grab the blocks out of lane three. I walked right in front of the runner from Eustis and caused a collision which severely hampered Santa Fe and Eustis chances of advancing. As the region host, I petitioned the state to advance those tow teams since UNF has nine lanes and 18 teams could run. It was a long day and I was very exhausted and just didn't pay attention.

Coach Butler
05/03/2021 12:28:13 PM
Coach
@raycer131 I didn't catch that but hopefully just a miss click. But they are farther than that down in the rankings according to my fake heat sheet I made.
@raycer131

I didn't catch that but hopefully just a miss click. But they are farther than that down in the rankings according to my fake heat sheet I made.
05/03/2021 12:32:03 PM
Coach
@coachbutler Kudos to you for doing what you could. I just wanted the right kids to be able to run and that's who is in. Thank you for clarifying!
@coachbutler

Kudos to you for doing what you could. I just wanted the right kids to be able to run and that's who is in. Thank you for clarifying!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.