Track the rented mule!
03/22/2021 10:43:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Every Spring sport has their state meet date and location posted on FHSAA.com , EXCEPT Track and Field. With only 17 days to our district meet, it sure would be nice to know when our state meet is and icing would be the location. Asking for a friend : )
Every Spring sport has their state meet date and location posted on FHSAA.com , EXCEPT Track and Field. With only 17 days to our district meet, it sure would be nice to know when our state meet is and icing would be the location. Asking for a friend : )
03/22/2021 10:54:14 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler I’m sure it’s incredibly hard to accommodate 500 plus athletes, not charge for parking or spectating and also find a location that will host.....ohhh wait :) You should just label a meet State Finals and run with it, the FHSAA is a complete joke. Didn’t this discussion board allow for the start of the middle school state meet in 2002? 2022 could be the start of something!
@coachbutler

I'm sure it's incredibly hard to accommodate 500 plus athletes, not charge for parking or spectating and also find a location that will host.....ohhh wait :)

You should just label a meet State Finals and run with it, the FHSAA is a complete joke.

Didn't this discussion board allow for the start of the middle school state meet in 2002? 2022 could be the start of something!
03/22/2021 10:54:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Well said, coach! We are still waiting on the 1A Region 4 location. This is a horrible way to run a business.
Well said, coach! We are still waiting on the 1A Region 4 location. This is a horrible way to run a business.
03/22/2021 12:02:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Emailed Ed on Thursday and said "Do you know when dates may be released for FHSAA Track State" His response was "not currently" :(
Emailed Ed on Thursday and said "Do you know when dates may be released for FHSAA Track State" His response was "not currently" :(
03/22/2021 12:08:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Aholmes80 Very sad, I know I volunteered to host 1a and 2a and had school permission. I can go ahead and post a date out now, let all the 1a and 2a coaches vote on it online poll, and we can be done with it. : ) Jus sayin.
@Aholmes80 Very sad, I know I volunteered to host 1a and 2a and had school permission. I can go ahead and post a date out now, let all the 1a and 2a coaches vote on it online poll, and we can be done with it. : ) Jus sayin.
03/22/2021 12:11:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbutler Sounds good to me. Have heard from several more coaches more in the know than me that have all said that the state meet will be hosted on two weekends at a school further north up the coast from you
@coachbutler

Sounds good to me. Have heard from several more coaches more in the know than me that have all said that the state meet will be hosted on two weekends at a school further north up the coast from you
03/22/2021 12:13:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Aholmes80 Heard same scoop, sad we could have done them all in one weekend at two facilities.
@Aholmes80 Heard same scoop, sad we could have done them all in one weekend at two facilities.
03/22/2021 12:29:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'd vote on a date in a heartbeat if it meant actually having a date and venue.
I'd vote on a date in a heartbeat if it meant actually having a date and venue.
03/23/2021 10:40:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As an organization, Tampa Bay HEAT that has to rent facilities for everything, it has been a tough year to rent "something" . I have empathy with their task of securing a venue and would like to think that if they could rent something that fits their needs, they would. Laura
As an organization, Tampa Bay HEAT that has to rent facilities for everything, it has been a tough year to rent "something" . I have empathy with their task of securing a venue and would like to think that if they could rent something that fits their needs, they would.
Laura
03/23/2021 2:16:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I think the issue for most is that every other sport has been locked down already, and we don't even know a date. They also haven't given us any info as to what has been going on. I'm sure they are trying to secure the best setup they can, but at some point you have to get it setup. Since it appears the colleges are out of the question, its time to look at where these large invitationals are being hosted at. With it being 1 classification per day its either 1a starts on Wednesday or states takes two weeks. The other choice is they get 2 different venues to do it all in one week. So many of us are looking at a two week window while we guess what might happen. Its a pandemic and things are harder to do, we all know that. If they would just fill us in on what is going on and where things stand, I think much of this talk would simmer down. [quote=LauraFred] As an organization, Tampa Bay HEAT that has to rent facilities for everything, it has been a tough year to rent "something" . I have empathy with their task of securing a venue and would like to think that if they could rent something that fits their needs, they would. Laura[/quote]
I think the issue for most is that every other sport has been locked down already, and we don't even know a date. They also haven't given us any info as to what has been going on. I'm sure they are trying to secure the best setup they can, but at some point you have to get it setup. Since it appears the colleges are out of the question, its time to look at where these large invitationals are being hosted at.

With it being 1 classification per day its either 1a starts on Wednesday or states takes two weeks. The other choice is they get 2 different venues to do it all in one week. So many of us are looking at a two week window while we guess what might happen.

Its a pandemic and things are harder to do, we all know that. If they would just fill us in on what is going on and where things stand, I think much of this talk would simmer down.

LauraFred wrote:
As an organization, Tampa Bay HEAT that has to rent facilities for everything, it has been a tough year to rent "something" . I have empathy with their task of securing a venue and would like to think that if they could rent something that fits their needs, they would.
Laura
03/24/2021 5:10:46 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Not finalized, but I've been told they are hoping to use Flagler Palm Coast on two consecutive weekends. Backup plan venue rumored to be George Jenkins. Each classification has a one-day meet. I'll be live streaming the meet for MileSplit and NFHS Network. Friday, May 7 - 1A Saturday, May 8 - 2A Friday, May 14 - 3A Saturday, May 15 - 4A
Not finalized, but I've been told they are hoping to use Flagler Palm Coast on two consecutive weekends. Backup plan venue rumored to be George Jenkins. Each classification has a one-day meet. I'll be live streaming the meet for MileSplit and NFHS Network.

Friday, May 7 - 1A
Saturday, May 8 - 2A
Friday, May 14 - 3A
Saturday, May 15 - 4A
03/24/2021 7:19:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus Thats been the rumor floating but still not posted on FHSAA.com
@milesplitus Thats been the rumor floating but still not posted on FHSAA.com
03/25/2021 12:29:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@milesplitus I sure hope this information is just that a rumor.
@milesplitus I sure hope this information is just that a rumor.
03/25/2021 12:51:48 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Ultimately think the FHSAA is stuck in a tough spot with venues and the local jurisdictions allowing an event size of the normal state meet. Colleges are virtually a no-go, which often are regular sites of state championship events due to superior facilities and ability to handle large crowds. Think now it's more at mercy of local county officials in wherever the state finals site might be held in approving and allowing the state finals to happen now. Gotta find a willing and able host, while likely also understanding the meet structure and schedule has to be dramatically different than pre-Covid years to also get approval from the powers that be too. Schools have more liability to worry about than clubs or individuals.
Ultimately think the FHSAA is stuck in a tough spot with venues and the local jurisdictions allowing an event size of the normal state meet. Colleges are virtually a no-go, which often are regular sites of state championship events due to superior facilities and ability to handle large crowds.

Think now it's more at mercy of local county officials in wherever the state finals site might be held in approving and allowing the state finals to happen now. Gotta find a willing and able host, while likely also understanding the meet structure and schedule has to be dramatically different than pre-Covid years to also get approval from the powers that be too. Schools have more liability to worry about than clubs or individuals.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.