IMG ELITE
02/28/2021 9:05:20 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Just enjoyed watching the Adidas Nationals. Some truly great competition for sure. So lets discuss the 800 pound gorilla in the room. IMG Elite. They almost broke the national HS record in the womens DMR and a couple other events. As essentially an all star high school team comprised of athletes from 28 states and 6 countries one would expect them to win every relay. I imagine eventually every high school track record is going to come from this school. Is this a good thing? I'm thinking not. I like that Florida will not let them compete in the state championships as its incredibly unfair. I believe on the national level they should only be allowed to compete as a club or against other schools that do the same as well. I am a fan of records being broken. The boys 4x400 record was nearly broken today by a stellar squad from IMG comprised of a runner from Wisconsin and Georgia. They're phenomenal athletes and i'm sure great kids. I found myself rooting for the 2nd place team...
Just enjoyed watching the Adidas Nationals. Some truly great competition for sure. So lets discuss the 800 pound gorilla in the room. IMG Elite. They almost broke the national HS record in the womens DMR and a couple other events. As essentially an all star high school team comprised of athletes from 28 states and 6 countries one would expect them to win every relay. I imagine eventually every high school track record is going to come from this school. Is this a good thing? I'm thinking not. I like that Florida will not let them compete in the state championships as its incredibly unfair. I believe on the national level they should only be allowed to compete as a club or against other schools that do the same as well.

I am a fan of records being broken. The boys 4x400 record was nearly broken today by a stellar squad from IMG comprised of a runner from Wisconsin and Georgia. They're phenomenal athletes and i'm sure great kids. I found myself rooting for the 2nd place team...
03/01/2021 11:28:52 AM
Power User
@COMMANDOE Yeah. It's definitely not the same as all the other schools that are developing local athletes. Private schools should not be in contention for any kinds of records since they play by a different set of rules.
@COMMANDOE Yeah. It's definitely not the same as all the other schools that are developing local athletes. Private schools should not be in contention for any kinds of records since they play by a different set of rules.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.