All-Jax Teams & Honor Roll
05/10/2004 8:29:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This is the official Statguy All-Jax Track Teams & Honor Roll. All-Jax selections were based primarily on FHSAA State Series performances, not necessarily on personal bests. All complaints may be forwarded to whatever@itsmylist.com

2004 JAX HS HONOR ROLL
as of 5-9-04 = end of HS season
[brackets = flrunners elite standard]

* = 1st team All-Jax
** = 2nd team All-Jax
*** = 3rd team All-Jax

C=Conference Champion
D=District Champion
R=Region Champion
S# =State place

BOYS

100 [11.00]
Middleton
This is the official Statguy All-Jax Track Teams & Honor Roll. All-Jax selections were based primarily on FHSAA State Series performances, not necessarily on personal bests. All complaints may be forwarded to whatever@itsmylist.com

2004 JAX HS HONOR ROLL
as of 5-9-04 = end of HS season

* = 1st team All-Jax

** = 2nd team All-Jax
*** = 3rd team All-Jax

C=Conference Champion
D=District Champion
R=Region Champion
S# =State place

BOYS

Middleton
05/10/2004 8:42:11 PM
User
A couple of changes re: Episcopal kids.

a) I\'d have Robyn ahead of Amy-Beth (and I\'m sure the paper will, too). Just because Amy-Beth beat Robyn by a lean at the state meet doesn\'t negate Robyn\'s four previous victories over Amy-Beth. Had she crushed her, I\'d agree.

b) I wouldn\'t put anybody whom qualifies for the state meet and doesn\'t show up on any team, any time.
A couple of changes re: Episcopal kids.

a) I\'d have Robyn ahead of Amy-Beth (and I\'m sure the paper will, too). Just because Amy-Beth beat Robyn by a lean at the state meet doesn\'t negate Robyn\'s four previous victories over Amy-Beth. Had she crushed her, I\'d agree.

b) I wouldn\'t put anybody whom qualifies for the state meet and doesn\'t show up on any team, any time.
05/10/2004 8:49:12 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I would do the same for anyone who qualifies for Regions and doesn\'t show up.
Also, Bolles best in the 4X100 this year is 42.47 FAT in the prelims at Regionals. It doens\'t change the rankings, but just the facts.
I would do the same for anyone who qualifies for Regions and doesn\'t show up.
Also, Bolles best in the 4X100 this year is 42.47 FAT in the prelims at Regionals. It doens\'t change the rankings, but just the facts.
05/10/2004 8:58:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As a former \'Track & Field News\' World and US ranker, I go with thier protocols, which is to weight the last effort the most. Amy-Beth may have been peaking for States all along and not been worried about meets leading up to that point. As for R and S no-shows, if one chooses to focus on just one or a few events, that does not negate season of demonstrated dominance in other events. Swanagan was a virtual no-show at States in the High Jump, yet she is still obviously #1.

edit: I just added the Athletes of the Year also.
As a former \'Track & Field News\' World and US ranker, I go with thier protocols, which is to weight the last effort the most. Amy-Beth may have been peaking for States all along and not been worried about meets leading up to that point. As for R and S no-shows, if one chooses to focus on just one or a few events, that does not negate season of demonstrated dominance in other events. Swanagan was a virtual no-show at States in the High Jump, yet she is still obviously #1.

edit: I just added the Athletes of the Year also.
05/10/2004 9:02:13 PM
User
I can use the edit button, too \"statguy\" :)

ok you gave me something good to argue:
I\'ll agree with your Owens pick, but special mention must be made to Middleton who would have been a sure thing if not for late season injury.

I\'d make it a clean Wolfson sweep though, picking Shannon Davis over Swanagan. JMHO (lol)
I can use the edit button, too \"statguy\" :)

ok you gave me something good to argue:
I\'ll agree with your Owens pick, but special mention must be made to Middleton who would have been a sure thing if not for late season injury.

I\'d make it a clean Wolfson sweep though, picking Shannon Davis over Swanagan. JMHO (lol)
05/10/2004 10:10:26 PM
Coach
I have to admit Ms. Davis IS awesome too.
I have to admit Ms. Davis IS awesome too.
05/11/2004 3:19:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Not to take away from Ms. Debenedets incredible season, but proper credit must be given to Amy Beth for an incredible performance when the chips were down, so to speak. At the most important meet of the year, she had her best performance and we couldn\'t be more proud of her. Her state meet day was: 2:20, 4:59, and 11:14. That\'s a triple that anyone can be proud of. And all of that, as a sophomore only running two or three days a week during a rigorous swim season. Congrats to both girls on a fine season. I am excited to see Amy Beth run a 3200 fresh at the Florida Milers meet in a few weeks.
Not to take away from Ms. Debenedets incredible season, but proper credit must be given to Amy Beth for an incredible performance when the chips were down, so to speak. At the most important meet of the year, she had her best performance and we couldn\'t be more proud of her. Her state meet day was: 2:20, 4:59, and 11:14. That\'s a triple that anyone can be proud of. And all of that, as a sophomore only running two or three days a week during a rigorous swim season. Congrats to both girls on a fine season. I am excited to see Amy Beth run a 3200 fresh at the Florida Milers meet in a few weeks.
05/11/2004 3:34:39 PM
Coach
\"And all of that, as a sophomore only running two or three days a week during a rigorous swim season.\"

Of course that may be exactly why she did do so well. Sounds like a brilliant cross-training regimen with an emphasis on keeping the legs fresh.
\"And all of that, as a sophomore only running two or three days a week during a rigorous swim season.\"

Of course that may be exactly why she did do so well. Sounds like a brilliant cross-training regimen with an emphasis on keeping the legs fresh.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.