Thoughts on recruiting platform NCSA?
04/11/2020 9:04:15 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
We signed up our rising senior for Next College Student Athlete(NCSA)which is a platform that connects college coaches with potential recruits. I'm curious about the experience HS coaches or parents have had with services like this. Although it's a bit pricey, we have noticed activity with many track/xc coaches. And for my daughter, it's created exposure to schools that she may not have considered if not for the app. Anyone else have experience with NCSA or a similar service? What are alternatives if you don't use them?
We signed up our rising senior for Next College Student Athlete(NCSA)which is a platform that connects college coaches with potential recruits. I'm curious about the experience HS coaches or parents have had with services like this.

Although it's a bit pricey, we have noticed activity with many track/xc coaches. And for my daughter, it's created exposure to schools that she may not have considered if not for the app. Anyone else have experience with NCSA or a similar service? What are alternatives if you don't use them?
04/13/2020 11:40:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@NIKEPRE Speaking as a college coach, recruiting services are a waste of money.
@NIKEPRE

Speaking as a college coach, recruiting services are a waste of money.
04/14/2020 1:04:14 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@NIKEPRE Alternative is to post marks that the target schools find recruitable. Then narrow that list down based on academic requirements and programs. Begin filling out questionnaires. Follow up later with e-mail w/ name, class rank, GPA, test scores, whether you've been accepted already or not, FAT marks (no relay splits) and why you're interested in competing at the college. Don't bring up money. If someone wants to compete in college, they will find a college to compete at. Finding a college that they can compete at and that fits their personality and academic requirements is a different story. It requires more legwork. Also, many of the affluent Texans fall into what I call "academic/athletic mismatch" meaning they have D2 or D3 marks, but have academics that get them into some incredible academic schools. So do you skip out on the academic prestige to compete in track or forgo athletics? It's a tough choice.
@NIKEPRE Alternative is to post marks that the target schools find recruitable. Then narrow that list down based on academic requirements and programs. Begin filling out questionnaires. Follow up later with e-mail w/ name, class rank, GPA, test scores, whether you've been accepted already or not, FAT marks (no relay splits) and why you're interested in competing at the college. Don't bring up money.

If someone wants to compete in college, they will find a college to compete at. Finding a college that they can compete at and that fits their personality and academic requirements is a different story. It requires more legwork.

Also, many of the affluent Texans fall into what I call "academic/athletic mismatch" meaning they have D2 or D3 marks, but have academics that get them into some incredible academic schools. So do you skip out on the academic prestige to compete in track or forgo athletics? It's a tough choice.
04/14/2020 3:08:08 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@BearKaTrack I think the money they charge doesn't marry up to the services provided. But I've seen emails, texts, and my kiddo jump on calls from coaches who contacted her through NCSA. And they're pretty organized with their checklists that tracks touch points with various colleges. How do you find your athletes? Is it easier with them hitting qualifying marks, or winning races at big meets? Do they often find you on their own with recruiting questionnaires?
@BearKaTrack I think the money they charge doesn't marry up to the services provided. But I've seen emails, texts, and my kiddo jump on calls from coaches who contacted her through NCSA. And they're pretty organized with their checklists that tracks touch points with various colleges. How do you find your athletes? Is it easier with them hitting qualifying marks, or winning races at big meets? Do they often find you on their own with recruiting questionnaires?
04/14/2020 3:16:23 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Aggietom Yeah, this is all good stuff and honestly pretty aligned with how NCSA recommends getting in contact with coaches. That's where it's ironic, that most of the work is done off of NCSA's platform. Now that we have an idea of the process it doesn't seem worth continuing to pay unless it's to get some exposure to other coaches.
@Aggietom Yeah, this is all good stuff and honestly pretty aligned with how NCSA recommends getting in contact with coaches. That's where it's ironic, that most of the work is done off of NCSA's platform. Now that we have an idea of the process it doesn't seem worth continuing to pay unless it's to get some exposure to other coaches.
04/18/2020 10:27:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@NIKEPRE A college Coach looking for athletes looks no further than TxMilesplit. They look up the event in the rankings identify junior talant and then go after it.
@NIKEPRE A college Coach looking for athletes looks no further than TxMilesplit. They look up the event in the rankings identify junior talant and then go after it.
04/22/2020 9:47:26 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Coincidentally, TTFCA just released recruiting page on their site. It's nice to see Texas schools offering virtual campus tours. [url=https://www.ttfca.org/recruiting]https://www.ttfca.org/recruiting[/url]
Coincidentally, TTFCA just released recruiting page on their site. It's nice to see Texas schools offering virtual campus tours.

https://www.ttfca.org/recruiting
04/25/2020 3:05:56 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@1500Meters.flosports True but I do know of schools where the head coach requires the event coach to actually see the recruit compete in person before a scholarship can be offered. Even for distance runners. I bet this year is making things interesting.
@1500Meters.flosports True but I do know of schools where the head coach requires the event coach to actually see the recruit compete in person before a scholarship can be offered. Even for distance runners.

I bet this year is making things interesting.
05/09/2020 5:21:56 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
My daughter signed up on NCSA and just did the free profile. She got contacted by a ton of coaches anyway.
My daughter signed up on NCSA and just did the free profile. She got contacted by a ton of coaches anyway.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.