Track Season
03/16/2020 8:01:41 PM
Power User
Might as well start it because I’m sure everyone and myself across the state is wondering. Where does the Coronavirus put district, regionals, and state meet? Does anyone know of the scenarios? How are coaches handling the practice situation?
Might as well start it because I'm sure everyone and myself across the state is wondering. Where does the Coronavirus put district, regionals, and state meet? Does anyone know of the scenarios? How are coaches handling the practice situation?
03/17/2020 10:51:36 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Runner1325 coaches should be handling it by not practicing because UIL mandates that. My guess is one of two things will happen: We go back mid-April and have an abbreviated season. 3 meets max. Perhaps only district. Dunno. Or Track & field gets canceled. The longer we go without returning, the lower the likelihood that we have a season.
@Runner1325 coaches should be handling it by not practicing because UIL mandates that.

My guess is one of two things will happen:

We go back mid-April and have an abbreviated season. 3 meets max. Perhaps only district. Dunno.

Or

Track & field gets canceled. The longer we go without returning, the lower the likelihood that we have a season.
03/18/2020 6:12:16 PM
Coach
Most school districts in Houston are not returning until April 13th as of now. That leaves the question of getting District in by the 11th. If the UIL lifts the suspension on the 29th, you’ve got 12 days to get ready. If the suspension remains, I don’t see how we could finish our season unless districts elect to go straight to Area, or certification is adjusted. With current limitations on social gatherings in Austin, UT is out for hosting State. My ultimate hope is the season is pushed back with State at the end of May, allowing us enough time to complete the entire post season.
Most school districts in Houston are not returning until April 13th as of now. That leaves the question of getting District in by the 11th. If the UIL lifts the suspension on the 29th, you've got 12 days to get ready. If the suspension remains, I don't see how we could finish our season unless districts elect to go straight to Area, or certification is adjusted.

With current limitations on social gatherings in Austin, UT is out for hosting State. My ultimate hope is the season is pushed back with State at the end of May, allowing us enough time to complete the entire post season.
03/18/2020 8:17:49 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Right now anything could happen. They could get really creative with advancement or they could just shut it down all together. Right now I'm sorta leaning toward no state and district competition only for all sports assuming we're with kids again by mid April.
Right now anything could happen.

They could get really creative with advancement or they could just shut it down all together.

Right now I'm sorta leaning toward no state and district competition only for all sports assuming we're with kids again by mid April.
03/19/2020 1:56:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Shut it down. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I feel like the majority of people are in denial about this.
Shut it down. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I feel like the majority of people are in denial about this.
03/19/2020 2:53:53 PM
Power User
[quote=stickstickstick]Shut it down. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I feel like the majority of people are in denial about this.[/quote] yup people are in denial. I would not expect to see state records or stellar performances if it did happen. There shouldn’t be practice going on anywhere regardless if groups of 10 or less. People just need to let it be and just hope this COVID-19 goes away. Stay home!!!
stickstickstick wrote:
yup people are in denial. I would not expect to see state records or stellar performances if it did happen. There shouldn't be practice going on anywhere regardless if groups of 10 or less. People just need to let it be and just hope this COVID-19 goes away. Stay home!!!
03/19/2020 11:38:26 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
If we're going to shut it down, let's do it now and move on. Dragging it out and then shutting down kills the xc buildup. They need to know what they're doing within 2 weeks imo.
If we're going to shut it down, let's do it now and move on.

Dragging it out and then shutting down kills the xc buildup.

They need to know what they're doing within 2 weeks imo.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.