AF High School Open Adding Pentathlon
12/06/2019 3:07:55 PM
Coach
After a meeting today (12/6) with the coaches at USAFA, they agreed to add a pentathlon for their high school meet! Entries are limited to 12 athletes per gender. I am in charge of entries for the meet and we want to bring in some of the top athletes in the state and nation for this event. If you or your athlete are/is interested please send me an email as cstrackclub@gmail.com. Athletes are not required to have experience in multi-events, but exposure to the various events is preferred (60h, long jump, shot put, high jump, 800m/1000m). Train To Win -Daniel Russell Colorado Springs Track Club
After a meeting today (12/6) with the coaches at USAFA, they agreed to add a pentathlon for their high school meet! Entries are limited to 12 athletes per gender. I am in charge of entries for the meet and we want to bring in some of the top athletes in the state and nation for this event. If you or your athlete are/is interested please send me an email as cstrackclub@gmail.com. Athletes are not required to have experience in multi-events, but exposure to the various events is preferred (60h, long jump, shot put, high jump, 800m/1000m).

Train To Win
-Daniel Russell
Colorado Springs Track Club
12/06/2019 4:40:28 PM
Coach
Here is the official announcement from USAFA The Air Force Academy Track & Field coaching staff is adding a Boys’ and Girls’ Pentathlon event to the Air Force High School Open. All events will be contested on Saturday, February 1, 2020. · The Boys’ Pentathlon will start at 8:00 a.m. with the 60m Hurdles, followed by the Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump and 1000m. · The Girls’ Pentathlon will start at 8:15 a.m. with the 60m Hurdles, followed by the High Jump, Shot Put, Long Jump and 800m. · The field sizes for both Pentathlon events will be limited to 12 competitors in each. · You cannot enter this event through DirectAthletics. · To enter, please contact Daniel Russell, Colorado Springs Track Club, at cstrackclub@gmail.com · The entry fee will be the same $25.00 as for all other events in the AF High School Open. Checks should be made payable to AFAAC. · The entry deadline will be 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, January 27. All entry fees need to be received by Daniel Russell by that date and time. · All Pentathlon entries will receive the “Air Force High School Open” commemorative T-shirt. · The winners of each of the Boys’ and Girls’ Pentathlon events will receive the same watch being awarded for other events, and will be eligible for the additional separate “Outstanding Boys’ Field Event Performance” and the same for “Outstanding Girls' Field Event Performance” · Please contact Daniel Russell at cstrackclub@gmail.com with any questions.
Here is the official announcement from USAFA

The Air Force Academy Track & Field coaching staff is adding a Boys' and Girls' Pentathlon event to the Air Force High School Open. All events will be contested on Saturday, February 1, 2020.

· The Boys' Pentathlon will start at 8:00 a.m. with the 60m Hurdles, followed by the Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump and 1000m.

· The Girls' Pentathlon will start at 8:15 a.m. with the 60m Hurdles, followed by the High Jump, Shot Put, Long Jump and 800m.

· The field sizes for both Pentathlon events will be limited to 12 competitors in each.

· You cannot enter this event through DirectAthletics.

· To enter, please contact Daniel Russell, Colorado Springs Track Club, at cstrackclub@gmail.com

· The entry fee will be the same $25.00 as for all other events in the AF High School Open. Checks should be made payable to AFAAC.

· The entry deadline will be 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, January 27. All entry fees need to be received by Daniel Russell by that date and time.

· All Pentathlon entries will receive the "Air Force High School Open" commemorative T-shirt.

· The winners of each of the Boys' and Girls' Pentathlon events will receive the same watch being awarded for other events, and will be eligible for the additional separate "Outstanding Boys' Field Event Performance" and the same for "Outstanding Girls' Field Event Performance"

· Please contact Daniel Russell at cstrackclub@gmail.com with any questions.
12/08/2019 4:27:40 PM
Admin
Interesting move by the Air Force meet. I hope it's a successful venture. It certainly fills a void in the market.
Interesting move by the Air Force meet. I hope it's a successful venture. It certainly fills a void in the market.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.