Medals in 3 different sprint events at states
05/26/2019 11:20:53 AM
User
Hello, we're having a discussion about my son Joseph Bruno and wondering how uncommon it is for an athlete to have medaled in the 100m, 200m and 400m among boys. He medaled in 400m last year. He medaled in 100m and 200m this year.
Hello, we're having a discussion about my son Joseph Bruno and wondering how uncommon it is for an athlete to have medaled in the 100m, 200m and 400m among boys. He medaled in 400m last year. He medaled in 100m and 200m this year.
05/26/2019 3:31:19 PM
User
How uncommon it is for any athlete to medal in any event in states. Pretty uncommon.
How uncommon it is for any athlete to medal in any event in states. Pretty uncommon.
05/27/2019 9:23:04 PM
User
@pbruno2201 You probably won't get too much discussion on this topic. These boards don't get much attention anymore unless there is a strong disagreement across a wide group of people.
@pbruno2201 You probably won't get too much discussion on this topic. These boards don't get much attention anymore unless there is a strong disagreement across a wide group of people.
05/27/2019 9:28:45 PM
User
We just thought it would be an interesting stat to show him. No big deal. Thanks
We just thought it would be an interesting stat to show him. No big deal. Thanks
05/28/2019 11:02:49 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@pbruno2201 First of all congrats to your son on his impressive accomplishment! I would think that it is not very common to medal in those individual events as most athletes tend to specialize in 1 maybe 2 out of the 3 at States. If you count relays, then it happens most years as most top sprinters will be versatile enough to run on a relay as well as 100/200. I remember a few years back Zach Brehm of Carlisle completed the "distance triple" over his career winning the 800/1600/3200. Most don't even attempt to run all three let alone win all three! As a sprint coach, I'd be curious to find out how many have done the "sprint triple" of winning 100/200/400. Probably a handful, if anyone-just too many quality races over a 2 day span for most to even think about it. Finding out the medalists in those categories can be difficult b/c it's a ton of information to look through but if you are interested then check out the meet history on PennTrackXC & let us know what you come up with.
@pbruno2201 First of all congrats to your son on his impressive accomplishment!
I would think that it is not very common to medal in those individual events as most athletes tend to specialize in 1 maybe 2 out of the 3 at States. If you count relays, then it happens most years as most top sprinters will be versatile enough to run on a relay as well as 100/200.

I remember a few years back Zach Brehm of Carlisle completed the "distance triple" over his career winning the 800/1600/3200. Most don't even attempt to run all three let alone win all three!

As a sprint coach, I'd be curious to find out how many have done the "sprint triple" of winning 100/200/400. Probably a handful, if anyone-just too many quality races over a 2 day span for most to even think about it. Finding out the medalists in those categories can be difficult b/c it's a ton of information to look through but if you are interested then check out the meet history on PennTrackXC & let us know what you come up with.
06/03/2019 12:00:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Quite an accomplishment, medaling in three individual sprint events considering the number of races. We had a young man medal in the 400 and 200 and were concerned with that load. Adding the three races of the 100 is even more remarkable. In the case of a relay it is a max of two races per relay. Eight races for that trio of events is a load.
Quite an accomplishment, medaling in three individual sprint events considering the number of races. We had a young man medal in the 400 and 200 and were concerned with that load. Adding the three races of the 100 is even more remarkable. In the case of a relay it is a max of two races per relay. Eight races for that trio of events is a load.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.