Triple Jump Phases
01/07/2019 9:05:17 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to triple jump. I'm from a small school, so we don't really have a jumps coach. Before regionals last year my PR was 40'8 and regionals I jumped 42'3/4. The only thing I changed was, I made my first phase really long and I shorten up my second phase, so I could get my hips under me for an explosive jump. I know this isn't ideal, but that's why i'm asking. Any suggestions? Thanks
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to triple jump. I'm from a small school, so we don't really have a jumps coach. Before regionals last year my PR was 40'8 and regionals I jumped 42'3/4. The only thing I changed was, I made my first phase really long and I shorten up my second phase, so I could get my hips under me for an explosive jump. I know this isn't ideal, but that's why i'm asking. Any suggestions?

Thanks
01/20/2019 6:35:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Shorten up first phase. Resist the temptation to jump. What goes up must come down! Think of it as a set up to the next 2 phases. Focus on running off the board, cycling your take of leg high and fast, and keeping a low flight path. Second phase squeeze lead knee high and ride it as long as possible. If you have maintained your velocity through the first 2 phases, your final phase should be equal to or longer than the first 2. If you long jump also, consider using your long jump leg for your final phase. The most important thing is to maintain aa much velocity through all phases. Most athletes think the approach ends at the board. In reality your approach ends when you enter the sand. Hope this helps. Keep us posted and best wishes.
Shorten up first phase. Resist the temptation to jump. What goes up must come down! Think of it as a set up to the next 2 phases. Focus on running off the board, cycling your take of leg high and fast, and keeping a low flight path. Second phase squeeze lead knee high and ride it as long as possible. If you have maintained your velocity through the first 2 phases, your final phase should be equal to or longer than the first 2. If you long jump also, consider using your long jump leg for your final phase. The most important thing is to maintain aa much velocity through all phases. Most athletes think the approach ends at the board. In reality your approach ends when you enter the sand. Hope this helps. Keep us posted and best wishes.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.